Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 November 2012
I recently purchased this without reading any reviews and was pleased to see how quickly I have come to love it. I was a bit worried because I have listened to his second CD "Ready for the Weekend" so much and the next one can often be a let down. Calvin Harris' third full album is anything but a let down, for me anyway.

There are quite a number of songs with artists like Kelis, Elie Goulding, Florence Welch, Rihanna etc. I thought perhaps there would be quite a bit of filler, but like the previous album, I find myself constantly listening all the way through instead of clicking past some tracks. And despite all the collaborations with big names, I quite love the pieces on his own. While "Mansion" and "School" aren't high-energy stunners, they work, and in some ways the toned down aspect acts to "clear the air" a bit, so the album has some mildly chill moments.

If I were forced to pick favourite tracks, I might say "Bounce", "Feel So Close", "Here 2 China", "We'll Be Coming Back" and "Thinking About You". But honestly, I love it from start to finish.
on 26 March 2013
Such a good album - It has all the anthems that have brought him to the mainstream and have turned him into a hit machine. These are absolute bangers start to finish please do yourself a favour and just buy it you won't regret it.
on 8 January 2014
This seemed like a bargain at only £1.99 and it was. There are a few songs on here that I recognise but to be honest there is also a lot which I can only describe as "just noise". Maybe I'm getting old but the first track was enough to make me want to switch off and not listen to any more. Thankfully the next one was familiar so I listed to the rest. Play the preview tracks first before you decide whether or not to buy.
on 20 January 2013
18 months might as well be called "Now that's what I call music!" for I could care; the majority of the tracks here have been released as singles and have been broadcasted on radio stations nationwide.

The songs themselves are very good, with tracks like "We found love" and "Bounce" being rather catchy. However when Harris doesn't have a guest artist to populate his songs, we approach album filler territory. ("Green Valley" and "School" being excellent examples.)

The variety of artists in this record help deviate the somewhat repetitive style to most of the songs; retro beeps and electronic drums dominate throughout.

If you've bought the singles, don't bother buying, your not missing much here. As a standalone album, it would have been better. It's a shame that I will recognized most of the album just by reading the track-list.
on 19 March 2013
good cd, cant wait to have it pumping out my car when i pass. some tracks are a little dull but in gerneral a good product.
on 5 January 2014
The strength of this album is in the really strong collaborations with major dance & pop names.

'Bounce' with Kelis, 'We Found Love' with Rhianna , 'I Need Your Love' with Ellie Goulding & 'Sweet Nothing' with Florence are all anthems that you will be playing over and over. My personal favourite is 'Drinking from the Bottle' with Tinie Tempah which is dark and energetic.

The Calvin Harris solo tracks, with the exception of 'Feel so Close' are really just fillers, but there are only 4 of those on this 15 track album.

At the time of reviewing, the album is on download for £1.99, which is an absolute bargain for music of this quality.
on 26 June 2014
It's Calvin Harris. It does what it says on the tin. Some of the collaborations are more interesting than him on his tod. To me, he has little left in the locker, and should try something different. Sculpture, or landscape gardening, maybe?
on 12 November 2012
Ordered this the minute I heard it was being released. I wish though that I had ordered the deluxe version instead as it includes a second CD of a complete mix of the first. For a few quid more it's definitely worth it.
on 19 April 2013
After seeing this cd advertised on tv and having heard short amounts of certain tracks I knew i would enjoy it however, unlkie other albums where you think oh i am not so bothered about certain tracks i never want this cd to end as ALL of the tracks are so good...great for parties, cleaning, blaring out in the car or whatever!
on 22 November 2012
Calvin Harris has evolved into a great producer, if you are a fan I would recommend this cd as it is his best work to date by a large margin, the deluxe version is slightly more expensive but, as it has a continual mix of the tracks is great for the Gym, cycling/running etc, IT arrived promptly, and as usual not only was it cheaper than some shops, not all the shops stocked the Deluxe edition, very happy