on 14 August 2012
Hello,

If you want a phone that's easy to use & want a phone (like me) wanting a non-touchscreen phone then this maybe the phone for you!! It has fair size buttons for easy texting & typing and has a smooth feel to the case of the phone. Your able to check your e-mail's on it through the internet, you can use twitter & facebook apps, It has OVI store where you can download free apps & games if it takes your fancy of course, it has nice features with organiser like a calendar, calculator, notes & stopwatch. The phone also has FM Radio through earphones (only) and Media player for music but if you're going to install a lot of music you may need to purchase a Micro card to increase the memory of storage on this nice little phone. If you want something smart & simple this is definitely a phone that won't let you down in that sense. If you want a phone more for better internet for streaming videos then look elsewhere.

Thanks for reading
19 people found this helpful
on 2 August 2012
I spent a lot of time researching which phone to buy and decided this was the one. So far I am delighted as it has exceeded my expectations. My recommendation is to buy this phone, it is excellent and the buying of it was also easy.

My reasons:

1. Buttons v easy to use, feel solid and are backlit so useful when in darker conditions. As the off button is separate from the rest of the buttons I no longer accidentally close/delete a message whilst texting. Texting is a joy with this phone.

2. Screen is large and easy to read

3. Txts appear as conversations which is interesting but took a little while to get used to.

4. Sound quality is brilliant

5. Camera quality excellent for my use

I don't use the Internet or email yet so can't comment on these and there are plenty more features that I haven't used yet but find suddenly that there is another one that is useful to me.
19 people found this helpful
on 20 November 2012
Previously owned a Nokia 3G phone for a number of trouble free years,so decided to update.
Trawled through the internet ads and settled on a Nokia C2-01 Sim free mobile phone -Silver.
Could not be more pleased,neat and attractive phone, great screen with good colour and graphics.
Was concerned every thing would be in Chinese,need not have worried,good clear English every thing.
Being an older male with chunky fingers I find it so easy to use.Very pleased, good phone ,good price.
Dave 67.
8 people found this helpful
on 22 October 2012
Having resisted upgrading from my little, old Nokia for years, and not wanting to spend a lot for functions I would never use, I chose from the reviews on line. I wanted something simple to use, I fancied a camera function and I wanted buttons for texting, not the sensitive touch pad which I have tried on other people's phones and couldn't get on with. The reviews all said this was simple to get up and running, and once I had sussed that the two little lights above the green and red buttons were actually buttons as well, it was a piece of cake. I really love it. Four stars, not five, because the instructions and little light slits had me confused at first.
11 people found this helpful
on 4 January 2013
An excellent, no nonsense, quality phone. Perfect for anyone, who like me, does not really like touch screen phones.
Outstanding signal strength, call quality and battery life.
Buttons are distinct and easy to use.
Straightforward Nokia menu is a joy to use as always.
Decent spec camera with radio and mp3 player.
It does what I want a phone to do and is the closest thing yet to a modern day equivalent of the classic Nokia phones of old.
My only slight disappointment was that I was expecting a "silver gold colour" as indicated in picture as I had my previous Nokia C3 in this colour; but the phone which was delivered is more of a "bronze".
Not a problem though as the colour "grew" on me and does look good.
##Increased rating to 5 out of 5 as this really does have the best signal strength and call quality I have enjoyed in a long while. An EXCELLENT phone.
on 4 July 2012
Having had 2 x Nokia 3310, I stuck with the brand as they are not unnecessarily complicated. I like the choice of font sizes for texts and that texts are saved as Conversations, so you don't have to go to the outbox to see what the reply is concerning.
Just a pity the USB cable is not included with the phone.
10 people found this helpful
on 4 February 2012
Purchased 2 Nokia c2 phones after agonising for months over which model to buy. Delighted with my choice, but felt they could have included the carry loops mentioned in the instruction manual as they are quite "slippery" and I was frightened I would drop it.
13 people found this helpful
on 31 January 2013
I have always had Nokia phones - the layout is always simple to use. Like many other reviewers I wanted to be able to check my emails and Facebook occasionally, and this fits the bill perfectly. The screen is clear and easy to read, and the key pad is very responsive. I'm not very technically minded - but I got all these applications up in running in a very short amount of time. I had to download settings from my provider to enable MMS, which now works and the OVI store has sent me several funny ring tones and wallpaper for nothing! If you want a simple phone with 3G this is perfect.
on 16 July 2013
Bought as a replacement for a Nokia 300 (which drove me crazy!). it is a straightforward phone which has an intuitive operating system. I use it basically for calls and texts, but I can if necessary check email on it. I am not interested in using it for Facebook etc so cannot comment on its usefulness for that.
If you are looking for a good, basic phone, with a long battery life, then look no further.
2 people found this helpful
on 11 November 2015
Geeky but if you want a cheap phone it is perfectly ok. Don't expect to have speedy service on the internet though. I bought this as I am inclined to drop things and didn't want an expensive phone I had to worry about.