Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 8 January 2013
I am suspicious of miracle fabrics, hi-tech, ambitious claims. Expensive stuff often turns out to be snake-oil.

But these gloves are the business. Lightweight, they nonetheless robustly keep out ALL wind. They simply stop it dead. Your hands stay warm.

In rain, the water beads on the surface, and rolls off. Your hands stay dry.

The light feel of the gloves means that you can easily bend fingers to work brakes and gears.

The palms are grippy, and there is even (thoughtfully) a soft surface on the fingers for wiping drips off your nose in cold weather. Disgusting but very effective.

The cuffs are long and stop cold and rain creeping down the backs of your hands.

Wish I had had these years ago. They are a terrific buy and great for any rider. If you think about what you want cycling gloves to do, these gloves do it.
on 11 February 2014
I love these gloves. I could even be bordering on obsession with these gloves. They just feel so soft and they look so good and while I can feel the handlebars, brakes and gears, I can't feel the wind or the rain. I'm sure a long ride in heavy rain would penetrate through but who cares? The alternative is the massive, chunky, sweat-inducing mitts which I've tried in the past. These bad boys would be dry in a flash given a spot on the radiator and without smelling like a vintage gym locker too.
on 12 May 2014
Only owned 2 weeks but been out in different weather conditions. In not windy condition about 10 degrees these were perfect for someone like me that gets very cold hands. In gale force wind and 10-12 degrees also performed as well in insulating my hands. Almost no difference in the sensation.
Found surprising that my hads never overheated when not exposed or on long climbs, as they seem to be very warm gloves.
Also used during a walk in very windy condition to test if these would overheat, but no, really good confortable warmth.
Would not use in stead of winter gloves in cold weather (5 degrees and below) but that is not what these gloves are for. If you do not suffer at all from cold hands then possibly could get away with it in winter.
The size is true agains Gore's own charts.
Padding on the palm on contact point was good too. The material is cofortable and soft, especially around the cuffs where it may otherwise chafe or annoy whilst riding.
Look wise they are very smart. Would recomend.
on 2 December 2016
I will update this review until I have all the information.

This is not a particularly warm glove. Not good for cold days but I love that all feeling is transferred through this slightly thicker glove, which means I need to take them off less to handle things (like zips!). I like the design, grip and close fit.

Pros:
* Quality is obviously premium. Good stitching.
* Nice design. Goes well with my jacket.
* Material feels quality.
* Excellent hand mobility in these gloves.
* Padding suits me well.
* Grip seems fine.
* The gloves fit so well that you can feel through the glove. I have a zip on the back of my jacket, with a bit of string and rubber dangling from the zipper. I could undo the zip with these gloves without looking because I could feel the dangly bit. I can't do that in my thicker gloves.

Cons:
* Internal lining pulls out a little when taking the gloves off with slightly sweaty hands. I don't see why this matters yet, just mentioning. I have no problem putting my hands back in the glove because of it.
* Cold thumb at 5 deg!

Rain:
* Yet to test: They seem shower resistant.

Wind:
* Wind does not get through the main glove, or the main opening.
* Wind does cool down the thumb though.

Cold (degrees C) 1hr commute ride:
-5: Not tested yet
0: Not tested yet
5: Nice and warm fingers. Slightly cold thumb.

Fit:
I sized up by one size over their chart and the gloves fit perfectly.
There's no chance to wear any other gloves under these as they really do fit perfectly.
on 24 November 2016
I didn't get on with these gloves. Used them once on a 3 hour ride in cool conditions (around 6degC). Hands became damp as the sweat was retained in the gloves. Over time this led to cold hands and some numbness. Didn't get a chance to test their performance in rain, but would not recommend for cold weather riding.
on 13 November 2016
Nice gloves but I have a small element of reserve on 5 stars. I've worn them around 10 times and they have done great but on a few of the colder morning commutes my finger tips were feeling the cold. Temp of around 3° with a wind chill added I reckon just above zero.
That being said 40 mins in this temp is still very good as I could feel my fingers and no pain etc.
The inner glove is fleecy and grippy on the hand. As you sweat a lot it pulls out a bit when removing the gloves. Not so much an annoyance but its worth noting your hands will be wet from sweat.
Not a chance to use in the wet yet but I think they will be ok in a shower. Im a big fan of Gore Bike wear and they are very well made and worth the money. Just may not handle as cold as its going to get.......................lets see
on 2 December 2016
If the description was accurate, then I might have given these 5 stars. They are good quality for what they are - I.e. Windproof cycling gloves, but there are NOT Rainproof, as stated in the listing.

No where on the product packaging is rain or water proof mentioned, and nor is GOR-TEX, so another inaccurate aspect of the listing. I will however keep them.as decent for what they are, but not what I was actually looking for.
on 25 September 2016
These gloves are a quality item, however - they're not quite as described. I used these gloves last night for a 50 mile bike ride in heavy rain and wind (over-night ride in September 2016; about 10 degrees C outside), and here's my experience:

Cons:
* My hands measure 9" round, but I had to order the 11" ones for them to fit comfortably. I think my fingers must be particularly long, because the glove's fingers are still a little too short on the 11" ones.
* After an hour or two of constant, heavy rain my hands were soaked through (as was the rest of me!). I have not yet used them in a light shower / drizzle, so I don't know if they're waterproof up to a point.
* I can't use the touch screen on my phone whilst I'm wearing the gloves, and they can be a bit awkward to take off + put on again (esp when wet).

Pros:
* Almost completely windproof. Even though my hands were wet through and wrinkled, I didn't feel the wind at all, and as long as I kept moving, my hands stayed pretty warm.
* They are a quality item, made from quality materials. I expect them to last a long time.
* When the gloves weren't wet, my hands were toasty warm
* They're not overly thick, and I was able to use my gears and brakes without any problems

I was considering returning the gloves as they're not waterproof, but I think they're good enough for light rain (if they're not, I will be returning them!). I have high hopes that they're going to be good winter gloves, to keep out the wind and frost.
on 22 July 2013
I like the feel of the gloves and the quality appears fine, but according to their measurements i am a large...but they came up very narrow and hopelessly too short. I appreciate that i have longish hands, but the width was off by 1cm plus. If in doubt go bigger
on 12 October 2014
I cycle a lot and have searched for good winter gloves for years. These are the best so far, however for really cold mornings, i.e. -3 downwards ambient they need a fleece lining pair. (Picked those up in an outdoor shop for £3). Hence the 4 stars. Excellent for signalling with the white back and reflective strip. My hands have never got damp in them, even in driving snow.