on 3 February 2013
I guess most people who buy this will know exactly what they're getting. I bought "Live at Treorchy" many years ago on vinyl, and, no longer being in possession of a gramophonic device, recently bought the CD. A brilliant mix of LOL humour and beautiful, emotional songs. My wife and I still, to this day, use bits of Max's repertoire in everyday conversation. Even listening to the recording for the 5000'th time, it's still funny! Sad maybe, but true. "Doctors Papers" was new to me, and is also great fun, but "Treorchy" is a masterpiece - I know it by heart.
If you think you like Max, and you don't have these, get them - now!! They will do you more good than any doctor's prescription.
on 1 April 2015
Listening to this wonderful double album on a recent return trip to London, had both my wife and myself near to tears as we played this awesome CD in the car as the laughter and memories came back from long ago when they were first released.
Max is alone IMHO as comic, singer and general entertainer and no other person that I know can bring out these emotions! The 'Bard of Wales' rides with ease on his shoulders and I can honestly say with hand on heart "Max we Love you"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mike
on 6 April 2018
A good value catch up on Boyce's early career. Met him a few times...lovely and generous man. Seen his show three times over the years and, as he explained to me in Edinburgh in 2013, the best day was his singing at Wembley in April 1999. Mine too! Wales 32 England 31! We burgled it!
on 7 October 2014
This was a replacement for very old tapes that didn't play. Once again it brought tears of laughter. Obviously some of the jokes have faded with time. Younger listeners will not remember the names or events. But to those of us of that generation, it's superb.
on 13 July 2013
It's years since I heard these albums and the memories came flooding back. This is Max at his brilliant best. You don't have to be Welsh or love rugby to own these but if you are or do then they are essential. My only disappointment is that I didn't buy them years ago when I first lost my vinyl copies.
on 13 June 2017
So funny. Real every day Welsh situations . Sentimental memories of Welsh, good fun. humour.
on 11 April 2018
Poor quality, some tracks did not play
on 14 September 2017
im a swansea jack so i"m biased i think he's great
on 15 April 2018
very good
on 26 October 2017
Great fun , even English rugby fans should enjoy the songs so long as they have a trace of a sense of humour.