on 20 August 2011
I bought this for my 12 year old son - here is his review:
You can tell that some books are going to be really good just by reading the first few sentences - Michael Vey is one of them. This book took my summer reading project by storm - I couldn't put it down. I heard about it first on the internet and was amazed when Mum bought it for me as a surprise. The characters were very lifelike and you could identify with their personalities, which was what gripped me right at the start. I think boys and girls alike would greatly enjoy reading this novel as it powers you from chapter to chapter. The character Michael Vey has Tourette's syndrome but by his actions he proves that this doesn't have to stop anyone from achieving their dreams - by the middle of the book I had almost forgotten this as I was caught up in the story. I'm greatly anticipating the next book - I can't wait!
on 22 June 2017
This book is #1 on my list. It is such a page Turner that I couldn't put it down. This book is filled with excitement and adventure and is perfect for anyone who likes reading!
on 25 March 2013
I think it must be very difficult to write a book that appeals both to teenagers and to mature readers, but Richard Paul Evans did it, and he did it with great talent. Michael Vey has a captivating plot that will keep you turning the pages, regardless of your age.