Customer reviews

1,050
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 12 January 2017
Not bad. I enjoyed it overall but it is reflective of the 90's ladette culture which I was a little old for and the emphasis on being drunk most of the time and lots of sexual partners is wearisome and a little sad. Shame, because the commentary on the partiarchical state is informative and thought provoking. I initially bought it for my teen daughter, but I really can't let her read it.
on 25 June 2017
We read this for book club and it got a mixed reception. I enjoyed it, more so the second half than the first. I found the first few chapters incredibly crass and wearisome but once I got that out of the way she has some very interesting points to make.

This is not a manual or a guide. It's more a reflection of a quirky life where she has attempted to do what "normal" women do to make themselves be acceptable to society... and finds that this leaves her confused and dissatisfied so she carves her own niche that suits her. This is something that completely relate to.
on 11 July 2017
This is my first book I've read of hers and I'll be sure to read her others. I wanted to scream and argue with her at points and pee myself laughing 90% of the rest. She feels like an old friend who you sit and put the world to rights with. Hilarious!
on 6 August 2017
Great - thanks very much! Promptly delivered, specifications just as advertised and packed very properly.
on 31 March 2017
Interesting reading. Especially the first part of the book is brilliant and really funny. Some memorable stories about 70s from a feminist point of view
on 9 November 2015
Loathed this booked. I couldn't get through it. The writer really really annoyed me and I had to chuck it in the bin! Obviously I'm in the minority as several of my friends recommended it.
on 6 December 2012
I've never read any of her stuff before and it started off great, funny, touching, irreverent but it kind of descended into a pit of a place I didn't want to go... The chapter on abortion was just a chapter too much for me, deeply sad, very upsetting and not required.
on 18 January 2016
Couldn't read past 4 / 5 pages. embarrassing and filth. Authors attitude put me off ever reading her stuff again
on 24 September 2012
I love this book, the humour and real life situations really bring you into Catlins world. It's like she's a friend when she's writing and you sit there thinking Yeah Know that 1. I would defiantly recommend this book, I just kept laughing out loud while reading it :-}
on 19 April 2017
Totally hilarious.
Agree with others that majority of the shouty caps-locks are unnecessary. She's such a fantastic writer, she needn't rely at all on formatting.