I like the supernatural fantasy genre and have read quite a few, so I was interested to see if this author could awaken my interest. I liked the fact the main character isn't a bubbly 20 year old who has no experience yet will free the world from evil. No, instead the heroine is in her 30s with a child and is just finalizing the divorce from her cheating hubby. She discovers the truth about her parentage which comes with the following dealbreaker...ok now you have to also combat wicked creatures and naughty demi gods. I felt as if the author was using some real life experiences when it came to describing how the heroine felt amidst her marriage and divorce, which made the character more genuine. However I sometimes felt the dialogue was too safe or maybe unrealistic, perhaps in an effort to keep the book squeaky clean and readable for a younger audience. It felt as if the intensity shifted back and forth, as if stopping the full throttle effect. It was def. a worthwhile read and i will be looking for a sequel. So I recommend you give this author a go.Huntress (A Grace Murphy Novel)
on 11 February 2012
Since having the kindle it has opened my eyes to lots of new authors and this particular book is written by a new author for me. Grace is a fantasy writer by profession, recently divorced and has a son called Dylan, she was adopted and has had a hard upbringing and can count her friends on one hand. She eventually meets her real mother who just happens to be a demi god and tells Grace that she is destined for great things but needs to get her life into order and train to fight supernatural beings. Her mother would help her by sending her a fitness trainer/housekeeper/nanny who turns out to be Adonis aka as Drew. I found that this book very easy and light to read and it kept my interest to the end.
on 23 September 2012
Really enjoyed Huntress which I got as a freebie but honestly I would have paid for it. Great older sarcastic kick butt female lead with a kid. I read a lot of teenage fantasy rom stuff and it's really refreshing and much more fun to find a heroine my age! Rifts the next in the series is also a firm favourite which I did pay for and I'm just about to buy Volcanos. Hooray for you Nicole there's a lot of us thirty somethings out there who want to read about heroines our age.
on 15 February 2012
I love Grace! Finally there is a heroine that I can relate too. Graces flaws make her totally believable screw the rest of them with their flimsy capes, fur or fangs this is the type of hero I want to read about.

Huntress is a thoroughly entertaining read, fast paced and with some wonderful plot twists. The banter between Grace and other characters (especially Dylan) often made me laugh out loud.

I will admit that when I first realised that this story contained ancient mythological characters I was slightly concerned since my knowledge of Diana, Zeus etc could be written on a postage stamp but I truly needn't have worried anything that I needed to know was right there in the book.

I can't wait to start the next in the series and find out just how these wonderful characters develop.
on 25 July 2012
Downloaded this as a freebie and have to say that it was worth every penny.

Seriously, this book is one heck of a good read, in fact my initial reaction on finishing it was to describe it as AWSOME, I loved it from beginning to end and didn't want to put it down. I found the storyline refreshing and the characters thoroughly captivating. Can't wait to read the second in the series.

Keep em coming Nicole, you've got me hooked good and proper.
on 3 June 2013
This book is well written,original,fast paced fun.Grace Murphy is a newly divorced single mum who finds out that her birth mother is the godess Diana.This is the cue for entertaining mayhem as she struggles to cope with all the creatures trying to kill her,the gorgeous demi god sent to train her and life with a ten year old son.Looking forward to the next in this series.
on 10 June 2013
I am assuming that Nicole is a fairly new author and I have to say, her books do not disappoint. Witty and well written, I ended up purchasing the following books and read all three within a week! Can't wait for the fourth instalment but in the meantime I better get on with the housework that has been neglected since starting these
on 4 May 2012
I discovered this author and her novels recently and have been hugely impressed.

Cant wait for the next novel which i will definitely be buying and will give my thoughts in a review for it aswell
on 28 February 2012
I loved this book - nice surprise for a freebie :) I am going to buy the sequel now (and for someone who peruses the free book lists religiously that's saying something).