Yes it really does work. I suffer from osteoarthritis particularly in my right knee. While I struggle to get onto the NHS waiting list for an op. the medical advice is to take ever increasing dozes of heavy duty pain killers. Even a lay person, such as I,knows that this can not be good for my health generally and a constant intake can be addictive.
Looking for an alternative to rendering myself into a zombie like state I came across TENS devices and chose this one mainly on price as I doubted that it could relieve my chronic pain. My doubts were groundless as after half an hour of the first session I felt a definite improvement. By the end of the first 2 hour session there was practically no pain and after a week I have reduced the anti inflammatory medication and all but dispensed with the pain killers .
The electrodes are attached by sticky patches applied to the painful area and the strength of the electrical sensation is controlled from a neat, little box which can be attached to one's belt or put in a pocket. My usual procedure is to switch it on when watching TV or reading, but I have also used it when walking or doing household chores. A 2 hour session I find gives almost immediate relief and the relief continues for a further 4 hours approx after the session.I bought this for my specific problem, but I am sure that it must ease most pain issues.
While it is early days, I am delighted that the intake of medication which could choke the proverbial horse seems to be a thing of the past and the chronic pain is all but gone.

JAN. 2014
Ps At last had the op and again found this invaluable for pain relief during the healing process. Most of the time I am now pain free, but on occasion when I overdo activity I put it on for almost instant pain relief. I do not know how I would have managed without it during this last year.
33 comments| 265 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 September 2012
Having used a 'professional' TENS machine, I was very pleased indeed to find that this one was just as good. If you are not sure which one to buy - then I fully recommend this one.
0Comment| 142 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 February 2012
This is a simple to use and effective piece of kit. I had knee pain for months, ordered this and within days i was pain free and walking around. I would 100% recommend the product for price, easy to use and its effective
on 22 June 2012
Easy to use and wear. What's more important it did the job, it didn't cure my back problem but it relieved the chronic pain.
Really pleased I bought it and have it available whenever my back is painful.
on 10 September 2012
I bought this for my wife to see if it would help with her ongoing knee problem and after using the machine twice she was was virtually pain free. She now uses it once a week and has remained free from pain.
on 2 October 2013
I brought this for back pain caused by sciatica, and had my first full nights sleep in a while. Easy to use, and understand, good instructions supplied.
on 2 February 2013
Great bit of kit, having dual channel you can target 2 "aches" at the same time. Read the reviews and chose this machine glad I did can highly recomend.
on 15 March 2013
I bought this one because it seemed to be the one that the NHS use. I have not been disappointed. I can see that having two knobs that you can turn to select the power level is as easy, if not easier than a digital selector. In my book, the simpler the better. Great price too. It has certainly helped my back ache.
on 24 October 2013
I bought this Tens for my daughter who has chronic bad pain. I was very sceptical at first on the efficiency of such a machine, thinking it might be just another gimmicky waste of money, but as my daughter had tried all the usual painkillers/hot water bottles etc I thought at such a reasonable price might as well give it a go. I researched the Tens machines thoroughly before I decided which one to purchase, and this one came out by far the best of the lot, even the more pricier ones, so I went ahead and got it for her and am so glad I did. Obviously I can only go on her opinion but she loves it, says it relieves her pain enormously, and while ofcourse it doesn't get rid of the pain permanently she says it's very "comforting" and she gets a lot of relief from it, which lasts for a good while after use. She also says that it's easy to understand and administer, on all parts of the body and all in all she is super pleased with it. In fact we're so impressed with it that my sister, who also suffers from back problems has now ordered one, and is eagerly awaiting it's arrival.
on 12 April 2016
I purchased is tens machine because I was tired of pain. I take diazapam and Naproxen as i have a degenerative disk disease in my lower back. I have also recently had cortisone injections into my inflamed facet joints in my lower back. The cortisone worked really well but as a result my ligaments in the surrounding areas are now being used for the first time in years, which is causing pain as well as the disc degeneration issues.
The pain can leave me in tears at times and not knowing what to do with myself as i cant find a position that's comfortable.

The TENS machine has changed my life. It has by no means cured my ailments but the releif the tens machine provides is second to none. I've hardly taken meds since i received my tens as whenever i feel pain or discomfort i plug it in and enjoy the releif that it provides. If I use it before bed i'm usually much better and more mobile in the morning, giving me a far more comfortable day. I take it to work and have it on whilst speaking to my clients, sitting at my desk and in meetings. It's small, light weight and silent so noone knows its there. I also wear it when I am spectating at my son's footie match as it stops my muscles seizing up; its great to be able to do things like this again.
I carry a spare battery around with me in the event that it needs a new one because i wouldnt want to be without it.
The pads last ages if you stick them together after use. They are a gel adhesion so do not leave a sticky residue on your skin.

I cant rate this item enough and my physio has confirmed that this model is one of the best on the market.

I hope it works for you as well as it has for me.