on 26 February 2017
I have read a few of Nick's stories, so am familiar with his style. I thoroughly enjoyed this book, it was lighthearted and engaging. I struggled to stick to my one chapter a night rule. Looking forward to the sequel
on 31 January 2017
Did not know what to expect and e joyed it the more I got into it. Could well become a Lord of the Rings, epic movie.
on 14 July 2017
First book by Nick Spalding I've come across, courtesy of the free Kindle downloads list. I really enjoyed it, will look out for more from the author and aim to download the sequel to this book.
on 20 January 2014
A great story about a young Teenage boy who's life gets brightened up by magic which he doesn't believe in. A true charming & entertaining Book which makes you want to read forever as you want to know what's going on so you just keep reading. I thoroughly enjoyed to escape reality for a while and dive into the story & share the adventures of the Characters. I hope the story will be continued. Please keep writing Nick Spalding your books are very entertaining. :)
on 14 May 2016
This book is very different to Nicks other books. A most enjoyable read I consider it a bit Harry Potterish, he has an amazing imagination! Look forward to the next one.
on 12 September 2017
I give this four stars instead of five only because I do not like swearing, ( I know it is a part of everyday life, but I avoid it when I can ) the story is excellent, and I intend to read the follow up.
on 21 June 2017
Ok
on 11 September 2015
This seemed to have a very Douglas Adams-esque feel about it. I love HHGTHG and I really liked this too. I wonder if Nick Spalding was ever influenced by Mr Adams . ? This was a typical funny and clever read.
on 23 August 2011
Just a short review here. I am now 3/4 the way through reading The Cornerstone, and am enjoying it enormously! The characters are such that you know people just like them, the story is fast paced and combines elements that fantasy readers associate with.
Its a welcome change to read a book as much fun as this, that has British references, and not American.
Well done Nick, I will in the very near future be Kindle-ing all your other works!
on 14 February 2013
That was amazing! What a fantastic story.
Must be read. If you don't read it you won't know what your missing!!
Max really has a sense of humour and great power. Not recommended for kids under 10 yrs old because it has bad language and I'm sure you don't want your kids saying stuff they shouldn't.