Customer reviews

on 25 November 2014
A very good read.
on 17 June 2011
What an amazing, fast paced, page turner this turned out to be. I am pleased to see that for once the Shifters took pride of place and the Vamps were just a passing thought. Well done to Mark Cooper for making the heroine so believable and it didn't, like many other books of this kind, need to be filled with sex, just a great storyline, well written and I thouroughly recommend it to all fantasy readers. I hope that there is more to come, Chris and Lawrence deserve to have more outings as Farris and Smoke; don't let me down please........Wolf's Revenge (Shifter Legacies)
on 26 June 2012
I was pleasantly surprised by this book. I managed to pick this book up as a freebie from Amazon.
I must say from the cover i expected a dirty/romance novel - it comes across that way too me (sorry cover maker!). It turns out the book is not a dirty or romance it is an urban fantasy.

I enjoyed the book & I liked the characters. It was a long but interesting story, it had a lot packed in. I would recommend it & I will read other books released in the series. I hope the author continues Chris story as i would love to see how she further adapts to her new life.
on 29 October 2013
This book was a great read. It's well paced with a good plot, interesting characters and back grounds that are developed. There is a variety of settings, which give us interesting perspectives on this world and are used to create atmosphere and tension as necessary. This seems to be the first in a series and I look forward to the next one.
on 2 October 2005
I love books about the paranormal, but although vampires seem very popular in today's fiction, werewolfs have become a distant second in our favourite author's minds. Authors like Laurell K Hamilton, P.N Elrod, and others seem to concentrate on the vampires, and when Hamilton does mention the weres they are always secondary to the vamps.
Cooper switches things around big time in Wolf's Revenge. In this story of an alternate United States, the Republic is home to many species of people separated into two main groups: Humans and non-humans. The central figure is Lieutenant Christine Humber, a cop working in Los Angeles to find a serial killer of non-humans living in a district of L.A called Monster Central. In the course of her investigation she is attacked by the perp, and from here the story really starts rocking along to its conclusion.
Although vampires and other creatures are present, they take a definite back seat to the wolves in this story. The werewolfs each have a personality distinctly separate from their human sides, with voices of their own. The first time Chris' wolf side gets into a conversation with her is hilarious.
I hope there are many more books planned in this world. Wolf's Revenge is one book in the Shifter Series, so I feel confidant we will be treated to more of Chris' adventures.
on 14 June 2013
Very impressed with book.I love shifters and the story was well done,concise,lots of action.The twist on the shifter society versus human is detailed.I don't want to give out any spoilers-if you like shifter books,you will like this one!
on 23 July 2015
Set 7 years after the first Shifter Legacies this is a great sequel. The politics just get better and murkier. The interactions of 2 of the main characters of the first novel are very well written. You learn more of the inter species politics and the struggle to be accepted as full citizens. Again a well crafted, well written book by an author who is fast becoming one of my favorites.
on 18 March 2016
A good fun story that inhabits the brilliant world created in the 1st book but is about one of the minor characters. I didn't enjoy it as much as the 1st book, I didn't like the central character as much, but still an enjoyable read.
on 12 September 2016
I love these books, finally a universe with characters I relate too, story arcs at the right pace and realistic races / racial tensions with a healthy dose of sociopolitics thrown in.
on 12 September 2016
This is a series I don't want to end. Books one and two have been attention-grabbing and engaging. Cant wait for the next.