on 2 June 2014
* Sturdy base, feels very secure, if you're removing it often, mark the position on the frame. The installation needs to be dead centre or seat's wheel guards will hit brakes levers/ tyre.
* It can actually cope with a heavy child, although bike balance when stationary gets hard
* Locking mechanism (plastic bar underneath for seat position) does look like the weakest link but just keep seat high enough way away from back wheel/ rack/ mudguard (by installing the base block high on the seat tube part of frame
* You can fit a normal seat post mudguard under it like Top Peak's one as long as seat high enough
* Feet loops and optional wheel guards are very needed.
* Very noisy cycling with it empty, need childs weight to keep it in position and from picking up vibrations - need MTB tyres to make it all smooth with and without child, road tyres only for perfectly smooth road/ cycle path surface.
* Even with the seat as far back as possible the adult can not really wear a back pack without hitting shild in face or getting backpack opened by the child.
* The recess space for kid's worn helmet that is a claimed feature is not really deep enough for purpose, childs helmet pushed forward by back of seat
on 21 August 2012
This was a great buy. Very easy to fit and my two and a half year old boy loves it. I didn't have any problems balancing the bike with the seat on, but it was suprising how heavy the bike feels with just a small child added- however, that should help to keep me fit, which was one of the reasons for buying the seat. The seat fits suspended from the frame of the bike, underneath the seat post, so you don't need a pannier rack.
on 14 July 2016
Comfy, easy to fit, easy to detach if you want to ride without your child (a connection box just remains on the post below your seat), easy to get your child in and out, secure clip to hold your child in (tamperproof)! Would definitely recommend.
on 8 April 2013
Seriously, took all of four minutes to install, the only tricky bit was finding something to brace it against my already existing panier rack... but the seat itself matches my bike, fits perfectly, snugly, and assides from slight noise over bumps... which, quite frankly isn't avoidable when you live in Scotland... the roads are crap. lol
This Seat is extremely good value for money, well built, easy to install, and fits my wee girl (3years old) with room to grow, would definately buy it again if I ever needed another bike seat. Definately buy this seat if you want to bring your kids along, she absolutely freaked out when I opened it and hasn't left it alone since she's seen it.
'Daddy, we're goin' on my seat with you?' friggin adorable!
on 16 April 2014
Just back from our first bike ride using this seat. 16 month old seemed fine in it, laughing away at things as we rode along. Found it a little tricky to fasten to my bike, but i'm a bit of a novice. I got there in the end and i'm pretty sure it's on correct. Really quick and easy to remove the seat from the bracket. Great stuff!