Customer reviews

on 10 April 2012
A pity that there won't be a 2nd season. This first season is wonderful. I was not having high expectations while watching the first few episode, but it exceeded my expectation when I completed almost 2/3 of the 26 episodes. I would have wished the production team continue with the 2nd season. I have the 1992 X-Men (TV series) DVDs, it is very good, sticking much to the original comics. and I really love it. Wolverine and the X-men would have been as good as the 1992 series if there is a 2nd and subsequent seasons.
on 12 March 2015
Bought for the grandson who thinks it is the bees knees. Grand-dad who is in his second child-hood also likes it. Somehow the comic book approach seems to suit this type of fantasy much better than those with real people. The special effects are the cartoons themselves, well drawn and orchestrated with a licence to thrill all age groups. The 'wee man' has coined a phrase from Oliver Twist... please Grand-dad can we watch some more. At one episode per day, I/we have yet to finish disk one... so it must be good..
on 28 August 2016
Was sceptical because of the American region, however this played on both my U.K. PlayStation 4 and a UK Sony smart bluray player :) happy days. It's a good cartoon. I'm nearly 30 lol, but I just find animation stress relieving. Just watched all the original animated series and now I'm onto this. Its sad that this wasnt renewed because its a great watch and a cool re-imagining on the stories we know.
on 29 November 2010
Just thought i'd let people know that this bluray works on region 2/B Bluray players including Playstation 3. It's a really good series.
on 8 June 2012
This show is fantastic, its such a shame it only lasted one season. I would definitely call it the best X-Men cartoon of them all. The show gets a 5 out of 5 rating from me.

If I had to rate the DVD collection I would give it 4 stars while its quality is superb there are no extras and that really bothers me considering the US they got extras.

Still its worth owning its a 4 disc set all in one singular case so saves plenty of room.
on 25 September 2013
This is an excellent series, the animation and voice acting are extremely good with great storylines.

The only downside is that it ends on a cliffhanger and there is no series 2, although there is Hulk vs. Wolverine which is also very good but it does not resolve the cliffhanger.

At the price this is well worth it and is thoroughly enjoyable.
on 7 May 2012
I watch this with my children and we all enjoy it. Both me and my son enjoy X men and I like the animation bar the way they drew Wolverine - he should be bigger. The make him a good leader. Kitty Pride does well as she progressed similar to the films and comics. Well worth the collection for all ages. My 5year son says it is fantastic.
on 20 September 2015
Blu-Ray all zone
Before we start, Warner Bros only produced one edition which is Zone Free.
So whoever say that it is a Bluray disc encoded in Zone A only either haven't verified themselves or are lying !!
How intelligent they are !!

In this "box-set", you shall find:
- disc 1 & 2 -> 9 episodes each
- disc 3 -> the remaining 8 episodes + the bonuses
- each episode lasts 22:50, total -> 593min and 40sec

Ratio of the episodes:
1.78:1

Language for all the episodes:
- DTS Master Audio 5.1: English
- Dolby 2.0: Latin Spanish, English audio commentary

Subtitle for all the episodes:
- English for the hard of hearings.

Verdict:
Perfect picture and sound for this new adventure of Wolverine and his teammates.
To summarize, it's Days of Future Past but in better !
Unlike the film, there is no time constraint and obviously with 594 minutes, we have plenty of time to see more of our favorite heroes in action and develop the characters personality.

All-in-one, a fantastic story-line with some great characters and development for all fan of the X-Men.
The only downside is why there is not a second season.
Especially when it stops with a cliffhanger.

NB: Spanish subtitle is only available for the intro of a few episodes which are un-dubbed, this only concerns the summary of the previous episodes.
on 24 November 2011
Wolverine and the Xmen follows Wolverine trying to get the Xmen back together after an incident that might have killed Xavier. The same ish Mutants appear like Wolverine, Cyclops, Rogue, Beast. There are 26 episodes. This ends on a cliffhanger which is good but there ISNT going to be a second season which is a shame.
on 18 April 2011
I love this product! The front cover has a cardboard sleeve, divinely pressed to make a 3D effect of the artwork, the colours are amazing, and when you pull out the case the artwork is of the same high quality. Inside the DVDs are individually stored in a swing case, it all looks lovely, even the DVDs themselves are numbered, with the episode titles printed clearly on them. The episodes themselves play perfectly and are of the highest quality. Everything about this product is excellent - a complete package.
44 Comments| 5 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse