on 28 February 2014
I remember reading D.E. Stevenson's books in my teens and I loved them so it is good to see them back in
print. I don't have a kindle and don't particularly want one so to see that they are printing the books too
is a bonus. I do hope they print a lot more and not just for Kindle users. I have bought books from Aphrohead before
and they have always given a good service so I shall continue to do so where possible.
on 6 January 2016
I read all these books years ago, & had a yen to read them again. Sadly , this is the only one now available on kindle ( c'mon Bloomsbury, dig the others out of your archives). It's a lovely book, humorously written. An old fashioned read, very much of it's time. Hester, Tim, Betty & the enigmatic Tony Morley leap off the page as real life people you would love to have known. Old friends revisited.
on 9 November 2009
If you love E.M.Delafield's Diary of a Provincial Lady, you'll love this. Charming, witty, evocative.
on 20 March 2011
I love D.E. Stevenson and have all of her books. The Mrs Tim books are okay, but I prefer most of her others. Perhaps it's the diary style - though I have read other books in the diary format that I like more - and there are one or two really funny moments - but I am surprised that they have chosen to reprint this instead of certain others.
on 26 January 2015
I have quite a lot of D E Stevenson's books and already had the other three in the Mrs Tim set. Absolutely delighted to have obtained this copy, it lived up to my expectations. Although it was described as a second hand book, the quality was as if it was brand new
You feel you get to know the central character well. She lived ina different era but her thoughts and worries seem relevant to today. A well- written and absorbing story.
on 2 January 2016
A delightful book - was perfect over Christmas. Mrs Tim is whitty and observant of those around her as an army wife as she moves around with Major Tim's postings.
on 27 June 2011
Delightful, witty early 20th century fun. Mrs Tim is a no nonsense wife of Tim of the Regiment. Moving about in regimental circles, poking fun at convention.
on 23 May 2015
I read this delightful book many years ago so was very pleased to renew my acquaintance with Hestor and her well ordered, middle class life of the 1930s.
on 19 September 2013
excellent book with wonderful 1930s perspective of life - if you like this era, you will love this book, she is such a find as an author to me