on 26 March 2014
I'm extremely happy with this machine, not least because of the huge reduction in price. It looks, feels and performs brilliantly and is weighty enough to feel stable in your hands whilst being beautifully balanced for comfort and ease of use. The powerful motor is quiet at all speeds and I will never buy a cheap supermarket model again!
Treat yourself, you deserve it :-D
on 23 July 2012
I bought this to replace an old Braun hand blender which had lasted for years. I couldn't decide between the kenwood or this, the kenwood could slice this couldn't. Decided on this as I thought, would I really use it just to slice a small amount and the price was less than half and I haven't been disappointed. I have used all the attachments and they work really well. It's nice looking and very sturdy. I have since seen the Kenwood and it's a lot bigger, which is a problem if you struggle for space. All in all very pleased.
0Comment| 163 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2012
Having used many blenders this one has proved to be so durable and excellent my son has purchased 3 for his restaurant. I have never known such professional quality for such a reasonable price.
33 comments| 123 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 15 December 2015
This product was sent to me for review and came well presented in a well padded inner box.
Inside the box, other than the hand blender was the egg whisk, chopper bowl, beaker and very helpful user manual.

My initial impressions were of a well made blender that offered very good value for money. I felt that the hand blender itself was a nice solid weight and it looked very stylish indeed.

The rubbery regions are matte black and matte designs are very popular at the moment. The physical control design is very different from the one that I had here before this arrived as it has on it an on, turbo and a fine adjuster control at the top, ranging from 1 to 5.

I've been using the standard attachment for blending a mixture of frozen fruit, coconut milk and protein powder in the morning and its coped very well with the solid fruit pieces. It wasn't as noisy as I thought it would be given that it's 700W in power and it was surprisingly smooth.

The beaker was a good size at approx 500ml and displayed the units in ml, cups, oz and litres. The other 2 attachments were easy to change and whilst I used the egg / ballon whisk for cream and eggs, the chopper bowl was used for onions, herbs and certain vegetables.
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 26 March 2012
My wife has used all of the attachments since purchasing this blender & states that it is possibly the best we have had. Over the years we have had Bosch, Kenwood & cheeper brands, & this is definitely the best for quality, build, ease of use & value for money.
0Comment| 91 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 May 2014
This is Amazing! I can't state it enough.

Pros
It's very powerful
Blades seem to make a very easy job of what ever I have used them on so far blending things in seconds which has been to my amazement as I was not expecting it too be as good as it has been.
Many different settings for all types of blending and whisking.
The blender and whisk are brilliant for baking the whisk was invaluable and the extra attachment food processor saves you unbelievable time and effort.

Cons
I really don't think there is any

This was worth every penny was bought as a gift from my husband and I love it so easy to use and clean and is the best one I have ever owned. Highly recommended.
TOP 50 REVIEWERon 1 February 2016
I was offered this Andrew James Blender by the company to give my fair and unbiased review on and I am so glad I was! I do all of the cooking in our house and love my kitchen gadgets so was looking forward to giving this latest gadget a good trial – now I have had it a week and the following is my verdict on it…

The actual “power unit” of the gadget – where the motor is housed is quite a chunky piece of equipment – it feels solid and high quality. The three “heads” (for want of a better term!) are attached to this by an interlocking clockwise rotation. The three heads are a balloon whisk, a blender and a chopper. All click nicely into place and feel secure for when you start the device up.

I like the fact that this gadget can just sit in my kitchen drawer and get it out and use as and when without a large amount of fuss and kitchen worktop space being taken up. I have used each of these heads a number of times now.

The chopper chops up my vegetables really well and I’ve made some lovely coleslaw with it! The blender is a synch to use and has converted my boiled vegetables into a really nice thick soup. Lastly I’ve used the whisk to whip some cream (that I had frozen and separated a bit). Each of the attachments works really well and I will be putting them through the paces over the Xmas period and will update if I have any tips or problems over the next 2 weeks.

At the moment it is a big hit with me! It is powerful enough to do all of the jobs I need of it and is reliable and of an excellent quality.

It comes with a measuring jug and a clear instruction book (twelve pages in proper English!)
on 22 February 2014
A wonderful blender that also manages to look very stylish as well.

I do a lot of small scale food preparation and so this suits me right down to the ground as it's so very convenient compared to a full size processor. If it has any drawbacks at all then some people might find it a tiny bit heavier than they might be used to but I put this down to the construction.

So I say Quality construction, quality looks and quality of performance make this well worth your money.
on 13 April 2013
A good and surprisingly well made bit of kit. Quite powerful and everything I need out of a blender. Badly let down by a cheap plastic mixing bowl that is made worse by the comparison with the good quality of the rest of the equipment
on 6 January 2016
I want to give this product 5 stars but i have one niggling issue, i used it for the first time recently to blend vegetable soup but it was unable to cope with the skins from soya beans and possibly the garden peas too. I didn't add many of each and used the fastest speed for some time but the soup had chunks of the skin distributed evenly through it. A simple remedy in the future will be to shell the beans/peas before adding them to the soup but i don't remember my old blender having this problem but i also hadn't added soya beans before either. If you don't add these particular ingredients to the things you will be blending then you will unlikely have a problem. It made easy work of the root vegetables though and the rest of the soup was lovely and smooth. I make a lot of soup so this is why i haven't gone for 5 stars.

In general the blender looks great and unlike some reviewers i don't find it to be too heavy (it does have some weight to it but i expected this given that it isn't made from feathers!) i didn't have an issue removing the attachment when it had condensation on it and it feels pretty sturdy when in use. It will obviously take time to know if i have similar problems to those noted in the negative reviews (like the beakers smashing or the blender packing up when the warranty runs out) so i will review the product again when it has had more use.

Im updating this to also note that the blender cannot handle celery when making a blended soup.