on 4 May 2017
Initially, i was wary of buying the third and final season of this classic seventies series. Its highish price and region one issue were dissuading factors. Additionally, i did not have especially fond memories of how things concluded. I decided to relent, when the price became a bit more reasonable, so as to complete the journey.

How does it stack up, after all this time? Well, I suppose not too badly. The early episodes are actually quite good. "A Small Beheading", with a wiggy, bewhiskered William Shatner in the role of a Scottish sea captain, is a major highlight. The middle episodes see things taking a bit of a turn for the worse, however. There are a couple of weird episodes, set in a cave. We also get quite a few which take us back to Kwai Chang's time in Chiina. Thematically, it almost felt as though they would fit better into season one. And then we get through to the four-part arc where the search for Danny Caine finally concludes. Here, with a view to getting things across the finish line, the storytelling feels relatively conventional. The eastern philosophical elements are largely absent. Indeed, Philip Ahn is completely missing from the proceedings and Keye Luke makes only the odd appearance. (Might health issues have had something to do with this?) The other oddity, is that we get three episodes which were aired AFTER the Danny Caine search had ended. (Although clear reference is made to his continuing search which, well, had concluded.) From a narrative point of view, they should absolutely be viewed BEFORE the "Barbary House" epiosde which opens the concluding arc.

The good news is that this Japanese-looking edition plays perfectly well on my very finnicky region two player. Potential purchasers should not, therefore, be put off by this potential compatability issue.
on 20 July 2017
Very dissapointed with the quality. Inside flap of box bent and second disc third episode keeps freezing and jumping frames therefore not playing the complete episode. Looking to return for a refund as upon inspection of the disc evidence of markings which may be the fault. Shame because upto this point despite damage to box was enjoying watching this series. I keep all my dad's in pristine condition and this set is not quite upto standard.
on 6 March 2013
In this Cardbox Set 4 Doudle Side Discs.
24 episodes for the third and last season of "Kung Fu" starring David Carradine.
Wonderful picture with the standard version of its original television exhibition.
With the exclusive introduction of each episode by Carradine himself and a special feature about his trip to the Shaolin Temple Monastery in China.

Picture : Full screen.
Sound : English Mono.
Subtitles : English, French and Spanish.

This is a Free Region so you can see it in your DVD player.
on 31 October 2010
This is a good series/good box set,but my copy had the last few episodes out of order,so that after the final episode(full circle)there are still 3 episodes to go. I suggest you check with the IMDB website for the proper running order before you watch.
on 1 May 2010
Took a chance after reading the other reviews so that i could complete my collection, and i am glad that i did. Although it's packaged as Region 1 it plays on my Region 2 DVD player. It's the final season of this timeless classic and a must have for fans of this series.
on 10 September 2009
I agree with the other two reviews. It was worth the risk.
I bought this Third Season to complete my collection, from Amazon US.(not wanting to pay over the odds) It came within a week of ordering.
I was chuffed when it worked on my 5 yr old DVD player.
As with the other two series. This collection is timeless.
on 23 February 2011
Like many I bought all three dvds in the series and whilst I was a fan of the original many years past,I saw nothing disappointing in either the production and storylines that were any more or less other than how I had remembered them.

The dvd although a "foreigner" plays perfectly well in an open region player,and I have not experienced some of the image problems a few reported here.

part of the driver for me wanting the set,as with most,is that I wanted the conclusion.........I am not sure if this was a tv series that just ran out of steam and british audiences never saw it because it was not screened or I just missed it!,but I do not have a real recollection of it.

However,the ending for me never came!

The final three episodes on the final disc of set 3 appear out of place to me,and I am not convinced that is where the series finished.

A few other anomalies were surrounding the abrupt end to the chinese assassins sent to kill him,they formed no part of the ongoing theme from about halfway in,and I imagined the final episode would have dealt with that as a finale,it didn't.

if anyone else can shed light on this I would be interested to hear their view.

Clearly for me it was left up in air,I saw no ending,so mildly disappointed.

However,it didn't detract too much from a true 70's classic,despite the "ending", or lack of, being apparently more enigmatic and cryptic than Master Po.................

And despite his great knowledge and wisdom,I know for a fact that he didn't see the ending either,so on that sad note there would be little use in asking him!
on 31 July 2009
The concluding series of this cult series. The acting, production and locations are all superb, as ever. This box set is marketed as Region 1 but in fact it plays on all regions, including Region 2 in the UK.
11 Comment| 35 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 May 2013
I'd been waiting to get this third and final season box set for years without success. The only one I could find was the US import from Amazon and stipulates Region 1 players only. However, having read some other reviews saying it works fine in UK, I took the risk and ordered it.

It works in every way on my player and on my boy's PS3. No problems. Furthermore, it's a great series and really is timeless. They should do a new series. It's just so sad that David Carradine is no longer with us.
on 6 August 2014
great show from start to finish carradine was superb in this role and it plays on region 2 dvd players so why doesn't maverick season 2 from the same company warner home video?