Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Amazon Music Unlimited Shop now Shop now

on 9 May 2012
Super fast delivery. Really easy to set up. Good sound (either stand alone or through amp / other stereo). So easy to record and track separation is great too (though I've just transferred tapes as one side at a time so far, but did separate the vinyl tracks).
Some of my old vinyl / tapes weren't available on cd or to download so a great way to enjoy my old music in digital format after sitting in the cupboard for ages!
Only has it a week or two - but impressed... so far so good!
1010 comments| 52 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 31 August 2012
Only received this today - four days after ordering it. Set up in no time. The sound is excellent and the radio reception first-rate. Usually experience poor radio reception on this type of music centre so was pleasantly surprised. Have no hesitation in recommending this product
on 21 May 2013
O.K. so the casing's not made from solid mahogany and the shine on the chrome knobs and dials won't last 100 years. It would not be much use used as a portable Disco in the local village hall with 300 revellers shouting and singing away. It has missing refinements that todays youngsters love to show off so that their chums think they're "cool", But we love it ! It's basic but it works ! Don't forget that it's also a basic price. We've been looking for such an item for ages. They are as scarce as rocking horse droppings. The very very few that we have found are full of knobs and dials which look good, but no-one would understand what the heck they are for. They also cost several hundred pounds.
This will do us, and we now look forward to taping all our old records before they become more damaged.
It's cheap. It works. It does the job !!!
on 24 September 2012
A part of a gift for my husbands 50th birthday, he was totally delighted and was eager to start listening to his LP collection.
on 27 November 2012
Arrived today. Quick delivery and so easy to set up. Really good sound for the price and does exactly what it says it does . Handset a bit hard to figure. Unit not bad looking and quite compact considering and definitely more sturdy looking than expected. So If you want to play all those old classic records and even tapes give it a go can't imagine you'd get much better for the money . Husband is in his element !
on 6 January 2013
So pleased with this product,really good sound through the speakers,we had brilliant fun with it on Christmas Day & although we have an iPod & docking station,it was great to play our records & tapes & also cd's.

My husband absolutely loves it,& says it's the best Present he's ever had!!! All our friends now want one & keep bringing their records round!

Highly recommended for the price,probably not high tec enough if your'e a serious aficionado,but for us mere mortals great fun.We've also thoroughly enjoyed listening to the radio too.
on 2 November 2012
We bought this item so that our 85 year old Granddad could play his old vinyl. Firstly we were impressed by the look of the unit, it was easy to set up and straight-forward for Granddad to use.It has all modern adaptations for those that need them but for us it does exactly what it needs to do. The sound quality is brilliant. Granddad is a happy man now he can play his music and we are happy that he's happy. Great value for your money too.
on 4 February 2013
This machine does the job that I required it to do, that is transfer may personal tapes to tapes. I do talks on musical topics to various groups of people ranging from students to seniors and find it easier to transfer from CD or old records on to tapes in the edited format that I require. Having said that there is just one problem with the machine. The volume control is part of the on/off control and the volune is rather too loud at switch on, and it will not reduce the sound level. This is a nusence and I'm afraid it restricts the more generat use of the equipment.
on 16 November 2012
This is better than i thought. It was soo cheap yet it is amazing. It does everything it says and the sound is really good. I am so pleased i bought it.
on 20 March 2013
I received one yesterday and was very disappointed with it.

On Amazon it states "2 x 40 watt PMPO sound speakers supplied" my small plasticky speakers have stickers on that say "8 watt". The sound was poor and really tinny even with the X-Bass on.

The autostop doesn't work properly and stutters to a close before the record has finished as if it might be scratching the record.

The turntable makes a loud buzzing noise and at a quiet part of a record I feel as though I can hear it over the song.

I mainly bought it for playing records but I thought it was inadequate.