Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine (Xbox 360)
Platform: Xbox 360|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 22 December 2011
Great playing as a Space Marine, Huge DOW Fan recommend all you DOW fans out there to get this game very cheap price
on 11 February 2012
This game is great fun, it combines a really easy control panel with quite technical levels which require thinking about. Something for everyone in this game which is still very accessible with the easy gameplay.

Highly reccommended
on 5 January 2012
My son enjoyed playing this game. He had seen it on a demo and it lived up to expectations. He is recommending it to his friends.
Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine Official Game Guide
on 15 November 2011
Brought this game for my boyfriend for his birthday as he regularly plays warhammer 40k, game arrived in said delivery time, in perfect condition and my boyfriend has so far really enjoyed playing this game. Thank you!
on 13 September 2011
I have been waiting for ages for the this game. I m not a nerd of 40k, i havent got all the models and figurines and posters, though i have been playing the computer games. I loved the Dawn of War Dark crusade didn't think they could top that but they have done.

Fantastic, good story, good gameplay easy to move around the map. but one slit little thing i didnt like it the weapons. I have found them all mixed and pickled. i thought that the big superposed, better weapons felt weak and floppy i felt more confident with a chicken drum stick. but i would still buy it again if i had to.

Though putting that a side it is ace i love the way you can slice heads off and smash heads in.
great. I hope this is the start of more to come. Gears of War, Modern Warfare watch out this could be the next big star.
on 11 September 2011
I rarely write reviews on games as I find that oppinion on any game can vary widely and the only way to get a good idea if you will like a game is to play it.
That said I feel this game really deserves a review. I will add that if I repeat anything everyone else has said I apologise I haven't read the other reviews.

Environment 5*

I was amazed by how Epic had captured the feel of a Warhammer 40K environment just playing the demo and was then absolutely blown away while playing the full game. They have literaly got it to a T, the graphics are slightly cartoony while still retaining a wow factor and the architecture, vehicles, everything are spot on.

Canon 4.5*

The Epic team have worked with Games Workshop for a number of years now namely on the Dawn of War Franchise which has given them an in depth feel for the Universe their games are set in. This has allowed them to create Spacemarine to a level where any 40K player, tabletop and DoW, will instantly recognise everything and I real mean everything. The only divergence I found was in the vengeance launcher, but its such a minor thing half a star is harsh. I felt that Epic have represented the Ultramarines well. The use of the three different personalities for the characters stretches the accepted Ultramarine stereotype, but then so does Uriel Ventris.

Gameplay 4*

The combat system is pretty amazing and I can't remember ever playing a game that combines melee and ranged combat with such variety and so fluidly. That said it does have a few minor annoyances that hopefully will be ironed out either in the next game or in patches. Namely the camera which at times can be extremely irritating especially on multiplayer.

Multiplayer 4*

Not played a massive amount of Multiplayer but what I have played has been enjoyable and the customisation options are massive. As noted above the camera can be a real pain and the factor that some players have unlocked equipment that kills you really quickly can be annoying. relic seem to have anticipated this though and have therefore allowed you to copy your killers loadout to even the odds.

Story 5*

Not going to say much on this as I don't want to give anything away, but I will say its long, interesting and complex, oh and the ending is very true to character. Enjoy.

I've probably missed some things but this review has got too long, if you have any questions I will reply to sensible comments.

Thank you very much relic and if you could create a game with DoW and Spacemarine combined I think it would be perfect.

Escripion
66 Comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 23 December 2013
The game is a bit dated against the recent releases as the interaction between player game and is a bit limiting
on 12 September 2011
Have just received this game ,excellent quick service,Thank you AMAZON.Just a quick reveiw,game is very playable ,
great graphics and a sense of immersion in a future war senario.Only one critism play it on normal or hard difficulty because you rip through them Orks in no time .all in all a good game well worth having.Turn up the volume !
on 19 January 2012
space marine was a great buy ,at first i was not sure but now i am thankful that i bought it because it has really good singleplayer and multiplayer that can last for hours of gameplay .... i especially like the private matches where me and my friends can play ... this game is kinda like gears of war but in my opinion way better so overall i think you should buy this game. you will not be dissapointed :D
on 10 September 2011
Storming single player campaign, great combination of hack and slash action, and shooting elements. Much faster action than Gears and similar games (no ducking and waiting for NPCs to pop out of their cover) just charge in and let rip!

Perhaps not the most original game, but who cares? It is well managed, intuitive controls, nice selection of weapons and tactics, decent story, solid graphics and execution moves.

Treat yourself!