Customer reviews

Format: Software|Change

on 1 July 2017
This software is brilliant, it does exactly what you would expect sony Vegas pro to do, if your aspiring to be a YouTuber or any type of professional editor this is perfect for the price.
You can edit videos to look high class, do not hesitate.
on 22 June 2017
Wish it was more basic and easier to understand, but the tutorial is very good
on 9 September 2017
Easy to use and great 4k.
on 5 April 2017
Reslly hard to use....started using windows movie maker instead which is free and easy
on 4 March 2017
This was very easy to learn and makes a great video
on 4 April 2012
When I gave up my Macs (3 in total as OS X is very annoying and Windows 7 is very good) I was left without one of the few applications I couldn't replace - Final Cut Express.

I wanted a professional Non-Linear Editor without the price. FCE was just this as it's simply a stripped down version of of the real thing. In the Windows world, however, most consumer priced NLEs were designed for people who've never heard of interlace or PAL and need wizards to get the job done.

While Adobe Elements Premier looked promising, I found it incredibly slow and joined a long list of people sharing the same problems on the Adobe forums.

On starting the trial version of Vegas Movie Studio I felt instantly at home, with direct access to advanced video properties. Ignoring the slightly outdated widgets and Sony marketing push for Sony's products (who edits videos for PSP?), I found VMS to be exactly what I wanted. I was evenly pleasantly surprised to find some of the keyboard shortcuts from FCE to work (J,K,L etc).

So when I found that Amazon was selling it for a 1/3 of the direct price from Sony I didn't think twice to buying it.
on 14 July 2017
I have tried to install in Windows 10 but the setup program attempts to download dotnet framework 3.5 and dotnet framework 2, promptly fails and kicks me out (with the error message 'Download was corrupted'). I have tried using compatabilty mode which identified the setup file as a Windows 7 file but still the same result. I also switched the firewall off and tried that, but still to no avail - I need some help or it's going back!
on 30 June 2017
used it once. Worthless
on 25 April 2012
Living in the Czech Republic I still ordered this program from Amazon, just because the price is surprisingly twice as much here in Czech. No problems with Amazon, they delivered it very fast.

Till now I was editing in Adobe Premiere Elements, which is in my eyes a great program, but also very slow. I have a good PC, intel i5, 8Gb Ram, Geforce gtx 295, but still the program was after a few minutes of edited video getting very slow.

That doesn't count for Vegas Movie Studio. The program is just superbly guick and not difficult to learn. In comparison to Adobe Premiere Elements there are some diffirences in the way of editing, some things are for me better in PrE, some things are better in VMS, for example crossfading (I hope that's the right term :-)).

The only thing I really miss in this program is the possibility to slow down or guick up the video a lot - for example a sunset of 1 hour you can't just easily shorten to half a minute in one step, which was possible in PrE. But ok, with a few renderings you can reach the same result, only it takes a bit longer.

But I have to say, the fact that the program is this much quicker with the same hardware is amazing and I wouldn't get to any other program. Before the buying of this software I tried a lot of other editing programs as a trial, but none I liked this much. Sony just knows how to do things :-) I can only recommend the program. And yeah, if you are not sure, try the trial from this and other programs also and you will see yourself. Everybody is different and likes a diffferent program. This one works perfect for me....
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 July 2011
Format: Software|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Well, I was completely blown away with the Sony Movie Studio HD software.

It's not worth me telling you what Amazon have already told you - the product description probably only skims the surface.

So, installation. I timed it and it took just over five minutes from clicking on install the studio to the point where it had installed. You then of course, when you launch the software, to register it and add in the licence key (that took less than a minute).

Now, please don't confuse this with a DVD authoring piece of software - such as Nero - this is a complete video editing and production studio.

Inside the box you will find two discs, a pair of card 3D glasses and the licence numbers you will need to register your products. One of the discs contains the software, and the other is a really good DVD which shows you what the software will do, and how to do it. It is just a rough tutorial. Once you load the software and get into it, you will find that there is a built in tutorial. It's not a tutorial that you just read, it is interactive. It will tell you what to do, and then get you to do it.

Moving on to the software. One of the features I love is the image stabilisation, you can take a rough shaky picture and turn it into something that looks as smooth as silk. I shot some video on my digital camera walking around my house, it was shaky, but after putting on the image stabilisation, it looked as if I was on a track, it was really smooth. I also love the way that you can add a backing track to your video, or mute the audio so all you can hear is the music. It also has a chroma key function.

The software can turn the rough footage you have shot (no matter what you recorded it on) and then burn it onto a Blu-ray Disc (provided you have a Blu-ray burner). You can preview it, create a load of special effects, change audio, add titles and a lot, lot more.

Now, I do know my way around a PC, but would not class myself as a film producer at all. However, after playing around for half an hour with the software, I was able to get professional results.

For what this can do, I am surprised they are not charging at least twice as much as they are. It is well worth every single penny. Would recommend this to any amateur or even professional movie maker, whether that be weddings etc.
1818 Comments| 165 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse