on 13 March 2010
Culture of Honor by Danny Silk is not a book about being 'nice' to other people; it's much deeper than that. Bethel Church seems to have developed a Culture of Honour which is a model of Christian fellowship, but there's more to this writing. It is a ground breaking, visionary and potentially explosive book which reflects both Scripture and the heart of God. The Western Church is predominently locked into worldy success patterns with the teacher/pastor leader seen as the correct model. This book blows that whole model of leadship apart - thank God! - and demonstrates how the Christian Church can become appealing as a community once more by following in the footsteps of the Master Jesus. Excellent!
on 29 May 2014
PLEASE BE WARNED that if you order the Amazon edition called "Audio Download, Unabridged" you will not get an unabridged version of this book. I ordered it and got a 1 hour 2 minute live talk, not the content of the book at all. I alerted Amazon of this and, although the description and image imply that this is an audiobook of the book, I received an email from them on 29 May 2014 saying, "We have determined that no change needs to be made to the product image you have specified."
YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!
on 7 April 2010
This book is for you if you have seen how man has messed up church and relationships by copying the worlds way of managing people. This book will challenge your ideas of how difficult situations should be handled coming from a place of humility to show honor and grace to those who have made huge mistakes in life ( haven't we all?). I would not have spent so much time away from church, and more importantly God, if my own situation had been handled in a Christlike manner as explained in this book.

I cannot recommend this book highly enough to anyone who finds church not hitting all the spots!
on 21 April 2010
This book has given me hope for what church can be! Danny explains the leadership structure given in the Bible for the church and unpacks what it looks like. This will shake you and challenge you to live to bring heaven to the earth. This is a must read for anyone in leadership or anyone who wants to see the kingdom of heaven invade their communities and churches. Awesome!!
on 13 December 2015
This book is a must read for any Christian or leader who wants to delve deeper into. Jesus Culture which = honour culture = revival culture. The church is starved of a biblical supernatural model that expresses what it really truly means to live in a culture of honour that breaks out of a church building and impacts communities, towns, cities and nations.

We are called as Christians to live in the supernatural provision that God supplies and this is often equated to financial gain. However it is far greater than that. We are called to bring heaven into earthly situations where we can see Gods supernatural power activated in impossible situations.

This book clearly sets out a blue print and guide for the reader to begin to see that we are called for much greater than what we currently know. I have read this book twice now and I'm sure many readers will re-visit more than once too.
on 2 January 2014
This is an interesting, incredibly thought provoking book that sets out a blueprint for transformation individually and as part of a church. My thinking whilst reading several of the scenarios that came up in the book, shows that there are more than a fee areas I need God's help with to transform my mind and my thinking to a more Godly perspective, hence the title of fhe review!!

A few friends and I are going to do the workbook that accompanies this book from next week... Can't wait for my mind to be renewed further!

Thank you, Mr Silk, for writing this book and putting into words what you and the team at Bethel do so that we can share in the manifestation of heaven invading earth. Literally, I thank God for you and the team there for drawing me deeper into my relationship with God.
on 21 September 2013
As the title suggests this all about a change in the way you see and treat other people. Our church leadership team have all read this and we are seeking to implement the principles as the culture that characterises our church. I've read it several times now and it challenges me every time to change from being judgemental to recognising the value God puts on every person, great or smal in the world's eyes.
on 12 October 2014
I enjoyed this book. I was expecting some cliches on preferring others, what I got instead was advice on a non-judgmental way of confronting others by asking questions and helping the individual reach their own conclusions on what they needed to change. I love his encouragement of churches working together for the common good with local authorities and others in leadership. I loved the scenarios he put in the books where he illustrates that people carrying out different roles approach a problem differently and that's okay. While challenging as an approach to implement, I liked his approach to dealing with fallen leaders which was very reminiscent of how Jesus treated the woman in adultery ie Go and sin no more rather than a long preach and long time out of service.... If you are prepared to have your Christian worldview challenged, this is a great book
on 2 September 2014
This was a book I was really looking forward to reading after 'Keep your love on' but it didn't measure up in my opinion. The concept of honour is important and largely missing in Western society but this book having started well and with a very practical difficulty which was handled very well then went off at a tangent on the fivefold ministry and while the author made a point about the order of that he missed the opportunity to write about honour in marriage, to parents, to leaders etc and that was what I would have liked to have read more about and heard about it's application in practice as countercultural.
on 26 January 2014
Summed up in the title and the very last paragraph of the book. This book seeks to guide us to honour people and recognise them as freemen of God that we needn't control or try and control each other but to respect our differences and love and honour them
Loved the book though the "New paradigm" of church governance ( as instigated by St Paul) will challenge many pastor led churches