on 9 March 2016
To be honest Samsung lenses, while not overly expensive, lack a bit of build quality. My first copy of this lens broke when I used the auto/ manual focus switch and it was then stuck on manual. The second copy was fine but I never switched out of auto focus in fear of it breaking. Taking this lens to the zoo for instance is a challenging environment for it unless you're really careful.

Image quality is OK, however my experience of this lens was generally at high ISO with an nx100, one of Samsung's earlier cameras, their cameras seem to be getting really good now so your milage may vary.

To be honest for the money similar sigma or tamron lenses are probably better but at this point I think only nx lenses can be used with nx cameras.
on 11 February 2013
I had fairly limited time with the lens.

I am no pro, but can probably offer some insight that may be useful.

For picture taking alone, I would have been quite happy with the lens. For the price, it was definitely worth a try as it is CONSIDERABLY cheaper than the 18-200mm lens.

The problem? I do a lot of video, as well as photo, and the OIS on the lens really isn't up to the task. Pictures I took ranged form great to good, though the "good" ones were probably more down to my own incompetence, as still learning the system.

I had to end up getting the 18-200mm, which is really unfortunate cost-wise, but a much better all-rounder (will probably be the lens attached to my camera on hols), but the OIS is leagues better (though still not perfect)

Reasons to get this over the 18-200mm:
You don't mind changing lenses often.
You are not really worried about taking video
You really want to save a lot of money
on 22 March 2013
4 stars for a remarkable lens for the price - you can't beat this value for NX series.
Because of the plastic structure it is quite light, which is good for handling without a tripod, unfortunately this adds to the feeling cheap -factor.
The zoom isn't as smooth as you might expect from higher priced lenses, it doesn't grind but feels a bit sluggish.
OIS works fine and images are much sharper than with stock lens without OIS.
It's worked quite well for me, and would recommend this for any NX owner who could sometimes use a telephoto but don't want to spend several hundreds on it.
on 12 February 2014
This is a good general purpose zoom lens but is a little slow at full zoom (f5.6); this is not to much of a problem with high ISO settings and the improved performance of Samsung cameras. My only issue is the less than smooth zoom that makes video capture with zoom very unsteady.
on 17 February 2013
I bought this for my new Samsung NX 1000
Delivery was very fast
The lens is very compact and easy to use
a little on the heavy side to others i have had but a great lens and well worth the money
on 7 February 2013
Like the lens, it's light, easy to use and recommended for anyone not ready to purchase the NX 18-200mm lens.
on 2 October 2015
AOK Thank you
on 15 January 2014
I'm no professional and this lens does the level of photography I'm looking for.
The only criticism is the movement on the zoom is not smooth, so filming video does not give smooth transistions. Not an issue for a still though.
on 18 May 2013
didn't take to this lens. When trying to snap birds etc 20ft away at 200mm, the results were never as revealing and sharply focussed as I wanted. I gave up on it and returned it as it didn't deliver on my expectations.
on 6 May 2013
I am very happy with this purchase,the quality of the build and picture is every thing I need from it to go with my Samsung NX1000 Camera