on 28 May 2013
I bought this product because my son is a karting fan and I thought it prudent to fit it in the trailer we carry all his equipment in. Within a month of buying it we had to use it when the battery on his kart short circuited and caused a fire in the trailer. This fire extinguisher did exactly what it is supposed to do. Spending £18 on this saved us loosing £6,000 worth of equipment. It makes you realise the importance of carrying a fire extinguisher, I am ordering a replacement, and an additional one to carry in my car.
on 13 November 2015
My friend found mine in my car and when we next pulled over, he started spraying it everywhere like the individual he is. It lasted a long time, about 10 seconds of constant holding down I reckon, and the foam didn't kill me or make me go blind either, although if any had got on the car it might have ruined the paintwork.

I advise against testing it though: once he gave it a 2 second blast, it started hissing and was obviously going to just leak until empty, so he reasoned he should just use it up. He then gave me twenty quid for a new one. Debating whether or not I should give him back the 9 quid difference in price... It didn't leak or lose pressure in the time I had it (more than a year) so it works well! Don't pull the pin until ready or you'll lose the rubber bit that keeps the pin in place!
on 14 March 2014
I bought this as a piece of mind back-up really, as I am disabled it unnerved me when I smelled a burning plastic smell inside the car cabin one day. The RAC mechanic assured me it was the diesel particulate filter "burning off". Anyway the fire exstinguisher fits well in its mounting bracket and actually looks as though it will help if ever needed, hopefully not,
on 25 May 2015
The holder is sharp and not ideal of you have kids around. They can pull it down with any issues. It's quite unstable. I threw that away and the product sits in the corner of room. Yet to test it so can't comment on its ability to do what it says on the tin.
I best say first of all that I’ve not had to use the extinguisher, but based on the quality appearance of the product I feel confident enough to give it 5 stars as it gives me and my wife some piece of mind that if required this extinguisher would be up to the job.

I did quite a bit of research before deciding to go for the ABC Dry Powder extinguisher and I just felt for our particular household this was the route to go down as it covers the most likely fire risks for us, however worth noting they are NOT suitable for cooking oil and fat fires.

Also I felt it worth pointing out that the extinguisher does not include a hose, but from what I’ve read these are optional for dry powder extinguishers.
on 16 May 2013
Thankfully, I don't know if it works and I hope I never do, but it looks good and has a pressure indicator which should show all is well. It is quite big and should be adequate for a small house fire caught early on. Delivery prompt and well packaged.
on 6 July 2015
I bought a couple of these after moving into a Victorian three storey house. Not really with the intention of being able to put fires out but more to allow us to get down the stairs and out of the house in the event of a fire.

They are relatively small and apparently will be completely used up in 6 seconds on continuous spray. They small enough to sit on the stairs out of the way and also next to the kitchen.

Both units seemed properly pressurised on arrival and while it's hard to review these in advance of ever needing to use them, I am very happy with these units. And at the price I paid, I'd be happy to replace every 2-3 years to be safe.
review image
on 25 July 2013
This is perhaps the only product one hopes only to have to review by appearance only.
Only criticism would be the packaging. An item of this weight needs a thicker box, the operating handle was sticking out of the side and had also perforated the polythene outer bag.
on 16 May 2014
Great product to have. Can't say anything to review it though as never had the need to use it. But it reassures me as before I got this my grill in oven caught fire and I live in high rise block of flats and there's nothing to put out fires without firemen hooking a hose to the big hose pipes on each floor.

Makes me feel that I can put out small fire before it reaches that far.

Rule is.. Flame smaller then you, you can tackle, if it's bigger get out!

Hopefully will never need this, but it makes me feel safer and prepared for the just in case
on 12 January 2014
Definitely something worth keeping up to date with, as fire extinguishers need to be replaced every 10 years or so. This one is a quality product and will keep my home safe for another decade.