Size: 8GB|Colour Name: Green|Change
Price:£7.00 - £169.70

on 9 May 2010
I have this on my key ring so that I always have a USB stick to hand.
Really small size and a really decent capacity.
Copied a single 2.23GB file from PC to USB in just under 5 mins.
Copied a single 2.23GB file from USB to PC in just under 1.5 mins.
Copied a 2.11GB folder holding 1,787 items in 9 folders from PC to USB in 15 mins.
Copied a 2.11GB folder holding 1,787 items in 9 folders from USB to PC in just under 2 mins.

Seems like pretty decent read/write speeds to me, especially for what looks like a sliver of plastic on my key-ring! :-)
on 21 March 2010
I bought this for my dad so he could transfer photos from the PC to a digital photo frame. Though the frame has slots for all types of photo cards, using a faster USB stick was preferable and less faff at the PC end. However, a typical USB flash drive would be so big as to stick out and be visible hanging off the side of the photo frame, so I looked for the smallest one available. I was still surprised when it arrived at just how tiny this thing is, and it ensures that it just stays out of sight.

One thing I was pleased to see is that on the back of the packet there is explicit reference to 'Linux 2.4.0 or higher' amongst the supported operating systems. There is no reason why the vast majority of USB flash drives would not work on Linux out-of-the-box, but it's good to see the manufacturer has bothered to list it anyway for buyers' peace of mind.

So far it seems to work fine, but requires insertion upside down on the PC USB port. There is a short cable supplied that can be looped around the hole on the drive for attaching to a key ring or hanging up somewhere to avoid losing it. Other brightly coloured versions of this product are available for those who fear it will slip into the nearest dog, but this one is good if you want something more discreet. There is also some small EXE file for password protection software pre-installed but that is probably Windows-only and not required in my case anyway. It can be safely ignored.
on 23 November 2011
I was very surprised at the size of this usb drive but when I tried it was so hooked that I bought another two. I have got one of those laptops that have three usb ports but the standard usb memory sticks will not work in two of them. Very annoying, but these type of drives are excellent and work in all the ports. Would (and have certainly have done) recommend them to anyone. Will buy some more of these when my standard ones pack up or I decide to change them for my stand alone computer.
on 21 May 2012
This purchase was my second of the Verbatim USB's. The original one corrupted/was too damaged to work, and now this one has had the same issue. I wouldn't recommend them even though they are compact, light and can go on key rings etc... go for a more cased USB.
on 19 July 2015
This is not as depicted.
This product is the new variant, which is no longer the very thin (1mm) flat version, but for some inexplicable reason now a slightly fatter version 2.5mm (?).
doesn't work for me at all
I returned it
It is beyond me why Verbatim would have changed this
on 28 August 2011
I wasn't certain that this tiny little USB drive would actually work and nervously ordered one, knowing that I could return it if I had made a mistake in ordering it. I needn't have worried - it is fantastic and works perfectly with my Mac. I have this one attached to my keyring with the little ring, so that wherever I am, I can quickly locate it and transfer/copy documents, movies, photos. Brilliant - if the capacity wasn't so generous, I would get one in every colour!
on 27 July 2010
smallest USB drive i have ever seen, means you can always carry it with you on your keys... and seems very durable, due to it not having the metal sheild around the connection like most usb's, previously i have experienced these things get bend and no longer fit the computer.

product is brilliant value for money!
on 7 May 2014
I have bought several of these in different colours over the years. I really can't fault them other than saying I wish they did higher capacities. I think they do 16GB in black but all the others seem to be 8GB. I like them because they are very small and are readily identifiable by their colours. There is a flat back which you can write on with a CD pen or stick a label on. They are reasonably fast (read/write) and the plastic casing makes them really rather robust. I have used these for years for work (I must own 10 at least) and none have failed.
on 30 November 2011
These tiny sticks (I have two) hang around my neck on a lanyard and attract a great deal of comment, disbelief that so much can be stored on something so small. They are so tiny but work faultlessly. Speed is no different to larger sticks as far as I can tell. You need to fasten them to some thing though or you will loose one.
on 25 February 2014
Tiny tiny USB memory stick drive by one of the kings of storage; verbatim. These are so cheap. I think they do a 16GB one in black in the same package but 8GB is the highest capacity you will get in the other colours sadly. Even so, if all you need is 8GB then this is perfect. Comes with a lanyard for attachment to your keyring or whatever if you choose. It's sadly only USB2, but obviously the purpose of this is to be small and cute and it does that perfectly :-)