• Customer reviews

on 25 November 2017
I have bought several of these sweaters over the past few years and have always been impressed with the quality - soft material outside and even softer inside. This was a repeat order of a burgundy sweater and I expected the same superior quality product. Not so. The material is thinner, of a much poorer quality and nowhere near as soft on your skin as my previous purchases. Even the packaging and folding (excuse me - I mean scrunching up!) of the garment was nowhere near the previous standard. Presumably a different supplier, and goodness knows where they sourced the sweaters. Not sufficiently awful to return, but I'll certainly not be purchasing these again!
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 June 2016
This is a well-made, good quality top - by Fruit of the Loom. It's lightweight, yet durable and warm. It's a comfortable sweatshirt, and after a year of regularly wearing it I can say that its colour doesn't fade.

I ordered an XXL (as I've a 50" chest). It's quite loose, and I'd probably fit in an XL. As such, there's no need to worry about whether this piece of clothing is going to be large enough!

Given its price (about £7), it's very reasonable. I can highly recommend it.
on 19 February 2016
For the price £3-5 what's not to like? They are comfortable to wear and reasonably warm. I would comment that the length is a little shorter than expected and the arms on a coloured one of these has shortened a bit in the wash, even on cold (30'c). The neck fits nice and snug as opposed to other brands which has neck holes the size of toilet seats. They look allright and for the money, i would buy again.

Amendment: Ok so after washing the items again on COLD (totalling about 3 washes since purchase) The items have shrunk further in that the sleeves have shortened and so has the length of the body. I have to amend my stars from 4 to 1. The jumpers are no good now as they look stupid.
on 7 November 2015
For the price you get what you pay for. Bought x-large and fits as expected. Material wise, very thin. You could pap peas through it. Ideal for an over shirt jumper etc. or the summer. Whether they are fruit of the loom or not is another question.

Ordered a second one of this shirt. To my disappointment I had to return it. The shirt was unwearable due to the armpit on the left side was hanging almost to my waist and the back was like a bell tent. I think this was designed for Quasimodo. How this passed inspection at the manufacturers is beyond me. As I mentioned before. Fruit of the loom, not so sure.
Bought another two of these items, Navy and Grey. Its funny as the package the shirts came in had never been opened so I suspect the previous shirts I returned , (one being unwearable), the package seemed to have been opened at an earlier date or they came from a different supplier. The ones I just bought seem to be a thicker material than the previous purchase.
on 17 February 2017
Excellent jumper for the low price. I'm a 42'chest, typically Large fits me and this is true for this jumper. Material inside isn't overly soft, but cannot fault it for looks and fit. No loose stitching, what stitching I can see is very neat. Just your typical fitting jumper. Neck isn't tight. Cuffs are elasticated just right. Black colour looks smart. Overall well worth buying!

Bought from ETHIC-STAR Limited seller for £5.84, ordered Monday, arrived Friday.
on 17 December 2017
Using these for work as they have a sort of fur lining inside and in this cold weather they have been really good, not a full five stars since they are not the most durable as the sleeves have started to fray a little but since I work with water and marble/granite I can forgive them.. especially at the price. They also didn't shrink a lot in the washer or dryer which I was wary of after reading some of the reviews, so go for a size larger if your unsure, that's what I did. I'm usually medium but got large.
on 26 October 2014
I bought some in Medium, that seemed to fit around the waist (just) a little tight fitting around the chest, arms too short.
I bought some in Large, okay fit around chest, seem like an XXL on the waist and still arms are too short. I hoped washing them and stretching arms out a little would help, but no..

I definitely wouldn't purchase these again (I wonder if they are seconds).

I only bought them for when I help out with my lads football team,, but I cant wear them!
on 28 December 2016
I'm a female size 10 UK and bought a medium, the fit is loose but not baggy. Very comfortable to wear indoors, it's not thick not thin either, somewhere in between and surprisingly warm. The delivery was super speedy. I am about to order more and try out other colours, I'm thinking about ordering a large for the baggy look.
on 21 September 2016
My husband already has 4 of these. These are the only tops that fit him in the sleeve, they are not too long nor is the length. He is quite short and has to order a large because of a big tummy. He has 2 grey ones which he never leaves off hence buying another one this year and am about to order a couple more. Was not keen on the royal blue or maroon as the colours seem to streak. For the price I think excellent value and wash well
on 20 March 2014
From quite early in its life, the colour of this item faded significantly, especially around the edges of cuffs and collar areas. On one cuff in particular, the initial bottle green has become a pale yellow brown colour towards the edge. It is most disappointing, indeed very unsatisfactory, to have the appearance of a product deteriorate in this way - such that it cannot really be worn outside the home.

The question is, of course: are all the bottle-green sweatshirts subject to this fading - or was mine just one from a limited-run faulty batch? Either way, the response from Team South West was totally unsympathetic, saying “this is quite simply wear and tear with normal usage” (they do not accept returned items after more than 28 days – nice people to deal with eh!!).