on 9 March 2017
Excellent 3 cd box. Marvellous service from richard40984. Ordered on a Sunday arrived the next Tuesday. Thank you.
on 25 July 2011
This review is a very easy one to write - this is one of my favorite sets of recordings of all. I am a big John Foxx fan, but even for those who are not yet fans, this ambient collection of three full albums is a fabulous buy and helps one realise how incredibly talented Foxx is. It really is hauntingly beautiful, and evokes all sorts of emotions, depending on the track. I think Foxx and Budd really do some brilliant interpretation of music that just - flows! This stuff makes me feel quiet and peaceful, but not in a cliched way with whale noises and sounds of running water - this music is truly electronic and analog combined, with piano interwoven through waves of electronic ambience that soothe the soul. As I write this I am listening to track 12 of Drift Music - "Resonant Frequency" - which is one of my favourites, along with track 4 - "Stepping Sideways" - what an amazing piece of music. I cannot recommend this highly enough.
on 25 March 2012
As an almost constant ambient listener, I'd rate this as being up there with Ambient 2/The Plateaux Of Mirror and The Pearl. Plateaux is, for me, probably the best album by anyone ever. Having said that, though, Late October (2005 Digital Remaster) is, on its own, astounding and better than any single track off Plateux.

Does Nighthawks come close? Yes, it does. Down A Windy Street and Music For Swimmers especially are pieces of music that give you the same sense of electricity as walking slow motion through European cities at night: Cologne, Vienna, Glasgow (maybe not the East End though), Brussels, London, Manchester, Lyon, err, am I in pseud's corner yet?

Translucence/Drift Music are good too. Basically this stuff is beyond genius and not worth talking about (only listening to) other than to say: genius and highly recommended.
VINE VOICEon 4 October 2011
I've had Translucence and Drift Music for a few years and very good they both are. I've not heard Nighthawks before and it really is something very special. It's a deeply beautiful piece of classic ambience, probably closer to 'The Pearl' than more recent recordings by Budd elsewhere but with a lot more depth to the recording (thanks to Foxx's ethereal reverb and synths) than the 80's work with Eno.

A really excellent album by itself and with the two other recordings at this price you'd be a mug not to buy it!
on 20 November 2011
I am listening to it right now, as I type. I don't want to switch it off and go back to the harsh noises of the real world. Someone said to me today that is like good quality wallpaper.....you enjoy it in the background, but if you want to stop and study it, it is well worth noticing the detail.
on 24 June 2012
This is such a bargain, so much glorious sound scape for so little money. My outstanding favourite of the set is Underwater Flowers on Drift Music, it has such a magical dreamlike quality. The rest of course is marvellous and is no doubt going to creep up on me while I've got my eyes closed and feet up. One tiny thing that I feel with it, is how much nicer it would have been had it had a card digipak style cover. I would have happily spent another £2 or whatever for a copy that really looked the business. This though is a seriously worthwhile purchase and is worthy of every point of each of the five stars.
on 17 October 2012
Always dug Budd's ambient stuff. Especially 'The Pearl' Big fan of Foxx via early Ultravox,recent ambient works and more lately ....and the Maths. Love this...sends me off to sleep. Also I use it during my massage practise. Clients seem to enjoy it also. If you're a fan of ambient music, do yourself a favour and add this to your collection.
on 10 August 2016
Superb retro analogue synth music that still sounds fresh, interesting and futuristic.
Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest in 80s style analogue synth - John Foxx is one of the masters of the genre.
A definite five star highly recommended purchase.
Outstanding.
on 9 July 2014
Fabulous stuff this. It's atmospheric and ambient. If you are reading this then you are probably already interested in music of this type. You won't be disappointed. All three of these albums are consistent and taken as a whole, deeply satisfying. Perhaps not one for a sunny day though.
on 7 November 2011
I am a long time listener to Harold Budd's music and consider him indispensable. Now, within new territoires with a little help from John Foxx, they both go farer.