on 24 June 2012
This is such a bargain, so much glorious sound scape for so little money. My outstanding favourite of the set is Underwater Flowers on Drift Music, it has such a magical dreamlike quality. The rest of course is marvellous and is no doubt going to creep up on me while I've got my eyes closed and feet up. One tiny thing that I feel with it, is how much nicer it would have been had it had a card digipak style cover. I would have happily spent another £2 or whatever for a copy that really looked the business. This though is a seriously worthwhile purchase and is worthy of every point of each of the five stars.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 August 2016
Superb retro analogue synth music that still sounds fresh, interesting and futuristic.
Highly recommended to anyone who has an interest in 80s style analogue synth - John Foxx is one of the masters of the genre.
A definite five star highly recommended purchase.
Outstanding.
on 9 July 2014
Fabulous stuff this. It's atmospheric and ambient. If you are reading this then you are probably already interested in music of this type. You won't be disappointed. All three of these albums are consistent and taken as a whole, deeply satisfying. Perhaps not one for a sunny day though.
on 9 June 2016
Recommended to all..... Thank you
on 9 March 2017
Excellent 3 cd box. Marvellous service from richard40984. Ordered on a Sunday arrived the next Tuesday. Thank you.
on 13 April 2013
Just the ticket. Three albums for the price of one. Others have criticised the quality but I'd say it was as good as anything I've heard including Brian Eno and Harold Budd's other stuff. Buy it, you won't be disappointed.
on 17 October 2012
Always dug Budd's ambient stuff. Especially 'The Pearl' Big fan of Foxx via early Ultravox,recent ambient works and more lately ....and the Maths. Love this...sends me off to sleep. Also I use it during my massage practise. Clients seem to enjoy it also. If you're a fan of ambient music, do yourself a favour and add this to your collection.
on 6 September 2013
I am enormous fan of ambient a la Eno etc. Loved Foxx era Ultravox. This collection is awesome and perfect for peace and peaceful reflection. If you want your head straight get it.
on 7 October 2015
Amazing... Better than most Eno IMHO. Lovely textures commensurate with, and an antidote to, urban human existence.
on 30 December 2012
Having a couple of Harold Budd CDs that I like I thought I'd give this cheap threesome a punt. Its a bit too languid and lacking in variety for my taste. Safe dinner-party background music for which the three CD titles are probably the give-away.