on 2 April 2012
LED backlit/LCD 1080p widescreen. ECO-friendly. I find the 22" perfect for desktop use. But browser text needs to be increased due to the 1080p resolution. I could have gone 24" but I just thought it would be too big for normal PC use. Screen is matt, so no sun glare off it. Frame is nice piano black.

Speakers aren't bad. There's no headphone output jack though. Just a stereo audio input jack. Comes with all cables except HDMI (DVI, 15-pin D-sub, 2.5mm stereo). Viewing angle is pretty good too. Gaming is no bother, no lag. Response time is 2ms. There is a 'game' setting, but I didn't see the need though. Monitor seems to keep up with anything I throw at it.

Desk stand is tilt adjustable only, not height. I wanted to wall-mount it anyway, and trying to remove the stand bracket took me an hour alone! One of the screws is very difficult to remove. Be prepared for some head scratching and cursing! All the connections sit vertical down towards the desk, so nothing sticks out the back. It has the VESA 100mm mounts, so any standard VESA wall bracket will work.

It does have 1 dead pixel from new. Tiny black dot, noticeable on a white screen if you look for it. Not a major deal, but I've two laptops and an old LCD monitor, and none have dead pixels. Poor quality on Illyama's part. Seems I wasn't just unlucky. Another reviewer had the same problem with 2 displays. Overall though, cheap screen if you can live with the dead pixel and awkward stand removal. The 24" equivalent is way too pricey @ £175. You can see my screen on the wall in the product pics.

EDIT Nov '12: I have recently replaced this screen for a larger BenQ 27" monitor, which I have to say is far superior and for not much more money. I was weary of the screen size for a desk, but it's amazing. 22" is not enough after all! Also, Benq monitors are recommended by pro-gamers. Very good refresh rate on them.
review image review image
on 22 July 2014
I must have got a faulty monitor as the quality was abysmal- poor adjustment parameters, uneven col balance across screen, soft image. I was hoping to replace my old Liyama E2208HDS which was and still is an excellent monitor especially for the original asking price. I suppose you can't expect too much at the price point, so I'll try a Dell Ultra Sharp.
on 21 April 2012
When I received this product it came with a stuck pixel, Amazon sent me out another which also had a stuck pixel. At which point I asked for a refund. I couldn't fault Amazon's customer service on this they were very fast. Its a shame, as the monitor is seemed very good for the price. The image quality was very good.

Obviously you wouldn't buy the monitor for the speakers but the sound quality wasn't very good, and its a shame it didn't have an audio out, so I couldn't use headphones when connecting an Xbox with the HDMI cable.

Overall disappointed and wouldn't buy another iiyama unless I could see it working before hand.
on 8 April 2015
Eyes getting tired after less than hour gaming in cs-go or quake3, literally eyes are bleeding, you've gotta do 10-15mins breaks after 45mins-60mins, it's hurting eyes even at desktop. Good for casual gaming, 144hz is way better for the eyes and put's all the 60hz monitors to dust, telling from experience
on 9 December 2013
This is my second time buying this product from them and both are amazing and came within 3 days. I have 4 of these monitors total and have not had any problems with them. I use them for gaming and work amazing. The built in speakers aren't amazing but okay if you have nothing else.
on 22 May 2015
Good all round screen but not the best for hardcore gaming, I receive a lot of screen tearing when gaming but its what can be expected from a 60hz screen. If you're a casual gamer its good enough and if you use vsync you should have a pleasant experience, if your a hardcore gamer go the extra mile and get a 144hz screen.
on 23 June 2013
This is a lovely looking piece of kit. It comes with every lead you need. Set up is easy. However, I had great difficulty in getting the colour right. Screen looked washed out and nothing I did could correct it. Gave up and sent it back.
on 17 May 2014
I have bought my second iiyama monitor for my computer. The monitor is very pleasant to look at and has all you need for everyday use. I wish there was a DisplayPort input on the back, but the HDMI and DVI connections are enough. The speakers are quite good if you are not very demanding, but for Blu-Ray films and music I would recommend external speakers.

Since I have 2 monitor setup, and one of the monitors is older than the other, they have some differences in their displays, which can be annoying and it is quite hard to match them, but it is probably because they older one was 1.5 years older. I'm not sure how it will look with 2 monitors of the same age
on 5 May 2013
First bought this screen back in 2012, one year in still excellent to the point where I have actually bought another 2 of them for a tripple screen gaming set up! The borders are very acceptable for it.

The main things that made me choose this screen is the deep blacks I get and the vivid colours and many colour settings on the screen help to pick the best one out, the screens response time is fantastic and makes games come alive.

The only issue I have is with my personal set up is the overdrive feature causes screen flicker but I think it's because of my graphics card (gtx 670 in sli) are giving too much graphics power to the screen causing a miss match with the 60 hz refresh rate to interfere with the overdrive feature but that's only on level 5 and 4 works fine so I'm happy with it

Overall iiyama as a company kind of faded out after the old CRT screen days but this product is well built and defiantly the same standard as the old CRT screens they used to make and I can't really fault this product
on 20 November 2012
Love this monitor, nice style and design, cool touch buttons for the settings and standby.
the only let down is the built in speakers which are pretty pointless with their quality and volume.
Either way Im happy paying a little more for a more modern monitor