Customer reviews

on 17 December 2012
Great alternative for chocolate advent calendars. Got this for my 3 year old daughter and it was a hit. She's excited every morning to know what piece of furniture or hamster she will get. Figures are sturdy, well made and true to the pictures. Didn't realize it also comes with stickers to add more detail. Can't comment on the house setting yet as need to wait until Christmas eve to take the box apart. A real bargain and great fun. Will definitely get another one next Christmas.
on 4 December 2013
A little bit disappointed with this advent calendar as there really is nothing Christmassy about it at all, apart from the box.
on 1 January 2013
Brought this item as a treat for my 3 year old and when it was only £3.99 he enjoyed the hamsters and imaginative play, but pieces were small and the stickers were fiddly to put on. I wouldn't of liked to pay anymore than £3.99 for it and it is ok if you want something a little different than a chocolate calender. The pieces didn't last long as they got lost throughout the house as the kids played wit them
on 5 December 2012
I bought two of these for my two children aged 3 and 6. I'm a little disappointed with this advent calendar. It's only the 5th December and I've given up with opening one door a day already and let them have it all in one go. As the finished article with the stickers on it's quite cute. But each day you get one piece of the collection. Day 5 is just 3 little plastic carrots which on their own are useless. The sticker sheet is inside the box, as is the 'flat' which turns out to be sheet of cardboard. Personally I don't think this works as an advent calendar purely because you can't play with it until you've got all the pieces together and finished the set and put the stickers on the pieces, otherwise it's just a collection of useless bits of plastic. By the time they have opened all the doors it will obviously be Christmas and by this time they'll have far too many more exciting presents that this will be put aside. Not recommended I'm afraid. I paid less than £5 for it and personally I don't think it's worth that even.
on 28 December 2012
My 6 year old daughter loved it. The pieces are smaller than I thought they would be. There were 6 Zhu Zhu pets, maybe about 4cm tall. She was a little bored getting all the furniture, but liked setting it all up in the end. I probably wouldn't have loved it so much if I paid £29.99 for it. I paid under £10 inc. p&p, and it was well worth that price.
on 22 December 2012
Great calander, my boys are car mad so i didn't think this would be a great hit but they loved iit. You need to open the box and take the sticker sheet and room card out so you can start decorating their house. I am not giving it a five star as I didn't like the way you got the carrots before the veg patch, they just got lost!
on 8 December 2012
It's a cheap alternative to the more expensive advent toy calendars out there. It's fairly small though, with some VERY small pieces included (the 4+ age restriction is pretty spot-on. I had to keep back some of the tinier pieces). The little plastic animals themselves are cute, though. My niece (2 and a half) liked it.
on 2 January 2013
Hamster on the first day, lots of other small pieces and more hamsters. Only realised however at the end of Christmas that there were stickers to put on all the furniture items, they were in the back of the box. Fun for a while the hamsters will probably stay but cheap enough to bin the rest after Christmas.
on 11 December 2012
My eight year old daughter was pleased with the calendar when it arrived but soon found the small rather plasticky items amusing after a few days, last years play mobile calendar was far better quality and with hind sight a far better buy', at least it only cost a fiver from a deals website.
on 17 December 2013
Some mornings I thought the manufacturer was having a laugh! like another reviewer I had to add a chocolate to avoid tears. Mostly terrible, there's no excuse for having 3 pieces of white plastic about the size of half a match stick as the surprise for one of the days. please avoid.