on 18 April 2013
I enjoyed Edie Claire's Long Time Coming and started Borrowed Time in anticipation of another absorbing read. However I was a little disappointed in that the character of Sarah tended to annoy me after a while. I began to wonder why Adam bothered with her - although as a minister there was always the lost soul element. Some parts were dark, in terms of character development and plot, and I did not feel it unfolded as well as Long Time Coming which had far more threads within it. But still, an interesting "mystery".
One person found this helpful
on 6 September 2014
If I'd read this book first from this author, to be honest I wouldn't have read any more. I read Long Time Coming and I couldn't put it down so I bought this one straight after I'd finished the first. I found it frustratingly simple with little suspense and even less storyline. I did read to the end but more because I had bought it whereas Long Time Coming was fantastic and free! I suppose I'm disappointed really.
on 7 January 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. As a fan of escapism romance (to de-stress!) I do find them all pretty formulaic (part of the attraction for me) but Edie Claire manages to put quite a bit more depth to her characters and plots. I went on to read several more of her novels and enjoyed them all.
on 9 March 2013
I like Edie Claire's books - you can be certain that there will be a gradually unfolding mystery, a sensitive exploration of a romantic relationship, and a decent amount of humour along the way. The main characters here are fully realised and I finished it at a sitting.
|0Comment|Report abuse
An excellent easy read with plenty of twists and turn, thoroughly enjoyed it and can recommend. Have also enjoyed Long Time Coming by the same author. Try them, I don't think you will be disappointed.
on 18 July 2017
Very good read ,love her books
on 26 June 2014
Yet another story from Edie Claire that I can't put down. Easy reading maybe, but from the first paragraph you are hooked and just have to keep turning the page, love it!
on 12 August 2017
Couldn't put the book down. A brilliant read can't wait to start the next one. Thank you x
On to the next one.
on 20 August 2013
This is a great book to take on holiday with you. It holds the interest all the way through and it's easy to pick up where you left off to go for a dip in the pool. I have read most of Edie Claire's books and have yet to find a boring one
on 30 October 2017
I enjoyed long time coming but this book was a little repetitive throughout and predictable which was disappointing compared to her other books