on 7 August 2013
Look, unless your paying over a thousand pound for an electro acoustic, your going to get a standard piezo pickup fitted. I have 2 Yamaha APX`s, both left handed, so for me, finding a top end guitar is quite difficult. Both my guitars cost over £500, but this is only considered a mid range guitar. But they are both excellent instrument's, and this piezo pickup for the price definitely improved the sound 10 fold.
on 5 March 2016
I got this to replace a broken undersaddle piezo pickup in a very old & tired guitar. It was simple to fit and worked first time. It's very bright but has plenty of volume and is well balanced across the strings. Excellent for the money. I will only use it as a 2nd guitar back up but it is good for that.
on 31 May 2016
Really nice wee pickup.... used it to replace a defunct shadow piezo and despite the obvious cost differential the difference in sound out put is negligible.... B string is a Bit bright but that could just be the strings settling in....
on 14 November 2014
Though I'm not a fan of cheap pick-ups, I've used an Arctec Pre-Amp for several years (which is great), so I thought I'd give it a go. I'm really impressed with the tonal quality achieved by this transducer, it was put on a significantly re-modelled steel stung Acoustic guitar (of pretty poor quality), and has made it sound great when amplified. I can't quite believe my luck, so I'd thoroughly recommend...
on 23 October 2013
This pickup I tested without guitar preamp. I plugged it in to artec 8 band equalizer pedal and output sound was very good.
This very same pickup can sound awful if processed through some onboard preamps.
It sounds good on it's own. Probably a good preamp will make most of it.
on 10 February 2014
Installed this in conjunction with a Shadow pre-amp, the original pickup having parted from it's wiring. The pickup was easy to fit and improved the out put and tone of the guitar.
Nice product, I would recommend this item.
on 28 September 2014
Arrived earlier than estimated. Fitted perfectly as exact sized replacement for faulty pickup on a Yamaha guitar. Sound quality is very good and given the very reasonable price I am very satisfied.
on 19 December 2015
Loving this pick up , give me a warm tone to my guitar very happy
on 19 February 2016
Not the best quality, i get a lot of feedback from this.
on 17 May 2016
Very good buy. Volume on old transducer was pretty low.