Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

If you thought being a teenage vampire was all sparkles and magic rings, you were wrong. Nigel Mullet has once again written a diary full of honest ramblings and self-pitying paragraphs usually reserved for whiny children who don't get what they want. Though, to be fair, he does have quite a lot to moan about: his girlfriend, Chloe, is acting weird, an old man arrives saying he's his grandfather, and there's a new boy in town who's a bit, well, hairy. Y'know... the howling at the moon kind of hairy!

So, to deal with all this teen angst that he's really far too old and dead to be dealing with, Nigel does the only thing he can: writes a paranormal romance book. No, really. Obviously it's not very romantic - this is Nigel we're talking about here, the least scary vampire in the history of vampires. He gives it a good go though, and the results are hilariously cringeworthy. No wonder it never got published...

As if all that isn't enough to make Nigel wish he could stake himself, Chloe is suddenly acting even stranger than usual, and it's after she's been hanging around with hairy Jason (who actually happens to be quite nice and reasonable when he's not eating raw meat and running along the moors on all fours). Chloe's experiencing the biggest change of her life, and who better to help her through it than Nigel the Wimpy Vampire?

This series of vampire parodies is one of the funniest I've ever read. It makes fun of everything undead-related, and has some brilliant similarities with The Twilight Saga. Nigel and Jason are great (but very weedy) homages to Edward and Jacob, and I think even Stephenie Meyer herself would be a bit proud. I laugh so much when I'm reading these books, and I hope that's what Tim Collins was going for when he sat down to write them. If you want a paranormal LOL-fest, this is the series for you!
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Spanning August to January, Nigel again diarises the trials and tribulations of a teenage vampire. He's managed to snag Chloe as his girlfriend, but even he can't continue to ignore her fixation that he transforms her into a vampire. His dad warned him of this, so of course Nigel is prepared to do anything rather than ask for his dad's advice on the matter.

Unfortunately Nigel's vampire allure, strength and speed gained in book 1 "The Undead Have Feelings Too" prove to be temporary, and he is not only slipping down the social scale, he also has competition from new class mate Jason. Nigel continues to deal with the antics of his eternally 10 year old (and eternally annoying) sister, whilst a new vampire who he is asked to refer to as Grandpa takes up residence in the household.

The diary entries are kept short and quirky, whilst Nigel gets himself into enough scrapes to keep the action rolling. If you're looking for a "Twilight" Edward, then stay well clear; Nigel fumbles his way through his misadventures rather than takes heroic action, yet his antics and his responses to the situations he finds himself in raise a smile. The second book of this series continues to be a light hearted take on a dark world, with some slap stick rather than blood splattering moments.
VINE VOICEon 5 December 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Anyone who enjoyed the tale of teenager Nigel Mullett, wimpiest and least scary vampire in history (or at least, in Stockfield) in Tim Collins' "Diary of a Wimpy Vampire: The Undead Have Feelings Too", will undoubtedly welcome the appearance of this sequel, "Diary of a Wimpy Vampire - Prince of Dorkness". Unlike many a sequel, this one is actually better than its predecessor, with funnier episodes and wittier writing, whilst having an absolute whale of a time poking fun a The Twilight Saga. Nigel's tale seems to give every impression of having run its course with this second book but fans of the genre need not despair, as more of the same is now available in in Tim Collins' latest effort, "Adventures of a Wimpy Werewolf: Hairy But Not Scary". Oh well...
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My teenage daughter has a collection of underworld gothic books like Tru-blood, and The Dresden Files, so she enjoyed a more lightheart Vampire book that's firmly in the BBC's 'Young Dracula' mould [a superb CBBC series sadly not available on DVD]. She liked the first 'Diary of a wimpy Vampire', aimed at 12 to 15 year olds, saying once you get used to the written style it was really very good - and this one follows in the same vein; an amusing parady of teenage angst with poor Nigel having to keep relearning how to be a Vampire [as everything keeps going wrong for our young undead hero]. Funnier than Twilight, more serious than Adrian Mole, and a safe buy for fans of book one, so easily 4*.
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I haven't read this, so can only let you know that my 8 year old son read it twice on the weekend it arrived and has read it at least twice since. When I asked him for a review he just screamed "BRILLIANT!" at me.

So there you have it.
on 18 March 2012
This book is great and one of the best I have read!I thought it was quite funny and was almost as funny as the diary of a wimpy kid books as that collection are my favorites. This book is very good but is for the older children and I wouldnt advise you buy it for a child under 7. I would advise buying the second edition of this book as I think that it is slightly better.
on 5 June 2011
Bought as gift for someone who liked the diary of a wimpy kid books, she read this none stop all afternon. great book.
VINE VOICEon 29 June 2011
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I quite enjoyed reading this book, it made me laugh out loud on many occasions. Nigel is a great character, he is your typical geeky schoolboy.....but also a 100 year old Vampire! My big problem with the book though was that it was so short. I am aware it is possibly aimed at a younger audience, but I felt it could have done with being much longer. It only took me under a day to read! However, I did enjoy the way this differed from your typical popular vampire book in that Nigel is geeky and unattractive (when he doesn't have his powers switched on of course!)and also made teasing references to the current vampire craze. I loved the way he went on about the amazing race of vampires and his incredible powers, especially the Top Trumps cards he made, and yet when it came down to it he couldn't even fend for himself and continues to rely on his parents for blood rations!

One of the funniest parts of the book for me was Nigel's attempts to write his own vampire romance novel!

So overall, I enjoyed it and it did make me laugh, but it was much too short. It may have been better for me with less pictures and more writing!
Format: Paperback|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
My fourteen year old son is, like many of his peers, an inveterate XBoxer, and so, anything that I can do to lure him away from the dreaded device is useful to me. The 'Prince of Dorkness' rated high on the guffaw-o-meter for him, mixing as it does the undead and adolescent morbid (minor) obsessions with the darkside (or, in this case, the dorkside) in a witty style and a modicum of charm. However, and I dunno if this is in anyway related, or a natural follow-on, but my son is now reading Keith Richards' autobiography!
on 21 February 2013
My daughter loved this second instalment of this book, she's 11 and isn't interested in reading ( not like mom!) but it's mandatory at her senior school that they read for an hour a day!! She read all the diary of a whimpy kid books and when I tried to introduce a novel she couldn't get into it!, but she has really enjoyed reading these books.