on 16 January 2014
Searched the interenet for hours for a battery powered LED light and studied all the reviews and finally chose these. When they arrived I was really impressed with the design, the stick pads were quality and the light they give off was also very impressive. We bought 3 for my dark built in wardbrobe.
on 21 September 2015
Looks like a well constructed item and the light is nice and bright however its functionality has a major flaw; the light comes on itself when not needed to and wont switch off again. The on on off switch on these are two touch sensors on the front so you simply brush your finger lightly to switch on and off. It seem to work OK for a day and then I noticed that it was on even when I had not touched it. I put this down to me forgetting to switch it off initially and then the next day it was on again. The 3rd day it came on overnight and totally drained the batteries. I shoudl say these do not come with any batteries which was disappointing to begin with so I put a pack of costly Duracell in; the torch drained these out totally by coming on when not needed overnight. I am now returning this one for a refund as not worth risking another full pack of batteries just on the off chance I had a fault one.
I am Blind so, therefore, have to use specialised audible screen reader software in order to use the PC, I also have Cancer of the Colon, I have Carers who come to my home and attend to my health needs.

I have one of these lights above my bed so if I am in Bed when my carer calls she simply touches the light so that it illuminates the room.

The light itself take 3 x AAA batteries and attaches with 2 double sided sticky pads, the light bar swivels directing the light either up or down.
on 3 October 2016
ANOTHER UPDATE: While the light didn't live up to expectations, Elecsmart (the seller) has been great about addressing my complaint offering a replacement or a refund, no questions asked. I chose the refund and they took everything quickly and efficiently so I'm upping my rating for service!

UPDATE: It's run down the batteries in no time!

This light isn't as bright as I had hoped it would be - it's not very illuminating, more suited to a night light than actually lighting anything up. But my real bugbear is that it keeps switching itself on - the slightest movement seems to be enough for it to shine again.

Assembles easily enough (and luckily disassembles quickly enough as it's sometimes the only way to keep it off)!
on 3 October 2015
**UPDATE** So after a couple weeks of owning this light, it now randomly turns on by itself. You can still turn it off just fine, but after a few minutes it comes on again and stays on. I don't know what the deal is, or if there's a paranormal presence trying to make contact, but it is an issue. Thankfully, there's 1 year warranty on this light so it shouldn't be any issue to get it taken care of. In the meantime, downgraded to 3 stars.

______________

Excellent light to mount under a cabinet, on a wall, or just about anywhere else it'll stick. It runs on 3-AAA batteries (not included) which power up the 4 LED bulbs inside the strip. It's not bright enough to light up a room, but its great as a close range light to read a book, or mount under a wall cabinet to have a hidden light for the coffee machine, laptop, etc... Just tap one of the 2 metal buttons on the light and it'll turn on/off instantly. You can even swivel the light just a tad if you need to angle it.

In terms of build quality, everything fits well but the plastic seems a bit thin. However, I'm pretty clumsy and considering that it's already survived 3 drops without even a crack, I think it'll hold up well. For this price range, you're making a compromise on something versus a higher priced light, so it's great for what it is and costs. If you're in the market for a cheap, close range light, this is a great option for less than the cost of lunch.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 March 2016
This was brighter than I expected it would be and it works really well for what I needed it for (occasional night light). I didn't actually notice until further inspection that you can change the angle of the light upwards or downwards. It stays in place really well and it is easy to change the batteries with the slide off the holder method it utilises. Overall an impressive little light.
on 9 October 2016
This is a nifty little gadget much brighter than I expected it would be. It works really well for my storage area under the stairs. It stays in place really well and you can easily change the batteries and keep your light on the wall at the same time. Overall I'm very impressed - may even purchase some more.
on 4 June 2017
Stuck it to my wall on the first day and it fell off. Also, the adhesive stickers used to mount the light are one-use, because the minute you change the batteries (and remove the light from the wall) it will no longer re-mount.
on 22 December 2016
The OxyLED lamp is just what I needed: it lights a small area beneath a kitchen wall cupboard & is perfectly suitable for this purpose. Because it is LED powered it uses very little electricity. You have to feel for the 'on' area, likewise for 'off', but I generally manage to find these quite quickly.
on 2 November 2016
I bought two of these lamps for my shed and was pretty disappointed. A few design faults; batteries have to be held in whilst the back is slid on, the locking mechanism is small plastic hooks which bend and break, the adhesive pads are useless when the lights have to be taken on repeatedly which is the case when the batteries won't stay in. When it is put up it refuses to turn on or stays on and refuses to turn off. The other one is working ok so far but not expecting it to last too long.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse