on 29 May 2013
Very good gospel centred book on raising children, though I had read Ted Tripp’s books before and think I got more out of it. I think they should be read together.
2 people found this helpful
on 25 October 2016
Fantastic book. Parenting isn't about raising children who always behave beautifully, but depending on God's mercy and resting in His grace; raising children who know they are loved and forgiven by the King.
on 4 November 2013
I was looking for a parenting book with Biblical grace based premises. I chose the book based on a title. However, as I read the book it's very apparent that grace is very much a theory and not yet part of the authors life. Almost as if Christ had NOT PAID ALL our sin on the cross and grace was given as a reward for good behaviour. I gave two stars as there are few good points but premiss is not grace where God deals with us as his children and disciplines us but not out of wrath. Also the author holds the view that unsaved person is not capable for any good deeds if God was not helping us. Humanists are extremely good people even though our human goodness is not an acceptable offering before God. So this is not well explained view among many other statements. I gave this book to someone else and they were discouraged even from first few pages. Grace based parenting by Tim Kimmel gives balanced view of Christian parenting.
2 people found this helpful
on 22 February 2017
I was excited about this book when I began but I found it a bit boring and never actually finished it. I love the idea of parenting from a grace perspective but I didn't find this book had many new ideas or even really inspired me much. I bought this book at the same time as Tim Kimmel's 'Grace Based Parenting' and found that book to be a much better take on the subject.