TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 2 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Robust, comfortable, easy to use electric shaver which I found extremely easy to use. The learning curve was comfortable and I was happy within the first few days of use with the quality and closeness of the shave. I got the same results whether used in/out of the shower and with/without shaving gel. As I work in an environment where a clean shaven face is expected this is proving a real benefit and quicker than wet shaving.

The instructions state that for best result the complete shave head cassette should be replaced every 18 months and at the moment this is just over £20 on Amazon. As my yearly spend on wet shave products vastly exceeds this, then it is also a very cost effective bonus. Very happy to recommend.

NB: This review is from my husband but as I gave him the shaver he kindly let me type it up for him!
33 comments| 157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 January 2013
If you are between foil and rotary then try this product and you'll love foil. I used to think it's impossible to get a good shave with any electric shaver, I used to have an old one with a single foil. I have now changed my mind!
on 9 December 2011
I've never written a review on Amazon before and usually aren't inclined to. I'm also usually quite sceptical about some of the opinions expressed because of a lack of understanding about a proudct. However, I felt compelled to comment on this.

I actually purchased mine from Asda for £49 rather than the £69 it's currently on Amazon for.

I have always had trouble with very, very sensitive skin and usually after shaving with new blades, let alone old, I resemble someone who has had a fight with a bear. Unfortunately, I also grow a coarse beard like there's no tomorrow. I had previously tried a phillips rotary shaver and it literally lacerated me in perfect circles so that didn't last long.

I was, as many people seem to be from the reviews on here, quite unsure about whether this would just have the same effect. I can honestly say I was very pleasantly surprised when I tried this for the first time. Not only does it indeed give a close shave (you need to follow the instructions, pull your skin around a bit and take your time, it genuinely does a good job) but it also didn't cut, scratch or in any way irritate me. For me personally, this is somewhat of a miracle.

Personally, I cannot recommend this highly enough.
0Comment| 99 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a recent convert to electric shaving again after years of wet shaving and reviewed a Philips shaver not long ago Philips PowerTouch PT720 Rechargeable Electric Shaver, that shaver I found to provide a really close shave once you got used to using an electric again and the only quibble I really had was the fact that the shaver didn't have a long hair trimmer for sideburns e.t.c.
Now this one has so I thought I'd give this one a go (I'm not some crazy electric shaver collector....yet!).

I can't help comparing this shaver to the Philips (even though the prices are quite different with the Philips being a lot cheaper) as that was the only one I'd used for years and was so pleased with it that it's almost like a benchmark.

The charge time on this is excellent 1 hour compared to the Philips 12 hours or so (but if your trickle charging, i.e. returning them to charge after shaving then it's no big deal how long they take). It has a good solid feel about it and a nice hum when shaving whereas the Philips seemed a little rickety.
Another big plus is that this one has a long hair trimmer whereas the Philips model didn't, and it trimmed my trimmable bits on my face nicely.

Now for general shaving - I've been using this for a couple of weeks and no matter what I do I can't seem to get a really satisfying shave, the instructions say hold it 90 degrees to the skin for best results which is what I do, but I find it a little awkward after a while. I seem to keep having to go over the same areas again and again to get any modicum of satisfaction.
Anyway in the intrests of science and grooming I didn't shave for a few days and shaved half my face with this and half with the Philips and the Philips shaved me smoother and much more quickly than this. It also doesn't cope so well with longer hairs from say 4 - 5 days growth and I resorted to using the long hair trimmer to take what I could of these of as the regular foils couldn't manage it, whereas again the Philips coped with them admirably.
It is a very good looking shaver and has a great feel and some nice features like a light to tell you when the foils need replacing.

If it had been maybe £30 - £40 cheaper it may have got another star .... but shave wise I don't think it is as good as the much, much cheaper Philips model. If your desperate for a long hair trimmer then the Philips range does have a more expensive model which provides the feature and I would expect it to give the same general shave quality as their cheaper model that I'm afarid I'll be using more than this.
33 comments| 174 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 24 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I use an electric shaver every day, and this is by far the best one I've had. It gives a remarkably close shave, leaving the skin feeling very smooth, and has caused no skin irritation whatsoever. It's comfortable to hold and it doesn't take long to do a really good job. It comes with a small holder for charging, or the cable can be plugged straight into the shaver itself. I'm very impressed with it.
on 5 March 2012
Very handy and easy to use.

Cleaning very easy.

Efficient so shaving quickly complete. One charge lasts a week.

Amazon price much better than big multinational supermarket!

Only downside - you don't get a case.
on 5 January 2013
OK - I admit it - I've been unfaithful. Some years ago I had a Braun shaver which I dearly loved. It was perfect - in fact everything a man could want in a shaver. But I was weak - I was tempted away from my wonderful Braun by a Philips rotary moisturising shaver that was all style and no substance. It led me astray but turned out to be a total disaster (see my review).

I was lost in the whiskery wilderness, I didn't know where to turn. I sought some sage, fatherly advice from my Dad - he seemed quite happy with his new Panasonic, so like a fool I bought one too. But I was never happy with it. It was simply okay - it did the job and nothing more. It was noisy and the battery turned out to be a little short on stamina. I knew it couldn't last.

So finally I faced up to facts - I needed to learn the lessons of my errant past - I needed to return to the quiet, comfortable, shaving performance I've only ever experienced from a Braun.

So... my other half bought me the Braun 340-s for Christmas and it's great - quiet, comfortable and a much closer shave than anything else I've tried. And it's handy to be able to run it under the tap to clean when done. I'll never stray again!
on 7 January 2012
This shaver is good for people who dont have the patience of preparing for a wet razer shave or just want a shave in the shower. I use this mainly in the shower or on a dry shave. I havent used it with foam/gel yet.

Good points:

- completely waterproof.
- better value over razers in the long term.
- easy to use just one button to turn on.
- has the "sideburn trimmer" which is more aggressive at shaving.
- can be used for trimming mens "body hair" and better suited than a razor imo.
- charges in 4 hours. Lasts or hours worth of shavin. A five minute charge will last a quick shave.

Bad points:

- hard ro get every single hair clean shaven as the shaver isnt aggrressive enough, so u have to use the sideburn trimmer to get the ones left out.
- its hard work trying to get a clean shave with it.

All in all not a bad shaver for a waterproof shave thats easy to use and does a near perfect job and is quicker+cheaper to use than razor shaving.

Hope this review helps people...
VINE VOICEon 17 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This shaver worked well in both wet and dry conditions (I preferred using it in the shower - but that was my personal choice). I shave every day and I ended up with a smooth shave without having to press the shaver into my skin. I havent had to use it on longer 'stuborn' hair from three or four days growth yet. However, despite regular use, in my case, I havent suffered any skin irritation. The shaver is ergonomically designed to be easily held and is easy to clean afterwards. It is an improvement on the Braun I had about 10 years ago. I have quite a few shaves out of a charge (certainly a week's worth). The shaver comes with a trimmer which worked fine. Not sure how long the foils last - from experience of my previous Braun (and to be fair other 'foil' shavers), a replacement can be a significant cost compared to the price of the shaver. The results you get from an Electric shaver can be 'personal' (different to each person), but in my case I found this to be a good shaver and really useful that it could be used `wet' unlike other electric shavers I have had in the past.
VINE VOICEon 29 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have used many shavers over the past 40 years including Braun foil and Philips rotary.

My last four were were Philips rotary with the last two being Philips rotary with Nivea Coolskin gel dispensers. I have sensitive skin, easily irritated

I stopped using the Gels due to the cost as I found Tesco sensitive shaving gels just as good and much cheaper.

When I was given this wet & dry Braun, I continued with the cheap gel on a wet washed face. The first two shaves were OK but not perfect but once I got used to the action, the shave is closer than the Philips. The Braun foil shaver is quieter and with less drag and irritation.

I am now converted to Braun foil shavers.

Previous foil shavers were plagued with premature broken foils, I hope this one lasts longer.