on 7 September 2013
I modified it to maintain power to a battery-powered inverter. It doesn't seem to provide quite the rated current at 12.0 volts, but it's good enough. I'd love to know how to get 13.6 volts out of it!
on 7 December 2011
My original PSU was failing and a good replacement was needed but as I am relatively inexperienced in major work on any PC I was a little wary as to what to buy. After a fair amount of investigation, which included asking for advice on a site I use, I chose to buy a Corsair unit. Examination of price showed the 600W unit to be little more expensive than its smaller, 400W companion; as a result I chose the larger unit as I considered the less load it saw the better/longer/cooler it should function.

Initially there was a long delivery time quoted which I accepted, but in true Amazon style a much improved delivery date was provided within a day or two and the unit despatched quickly after that.

On receipt it was well packed being in the original manufacturers sealed box which was packed inside a standard Amazon box padded out with paper.

I knew the unit was not identical in its cabling to the PSU to be replaced, but the stiffness of the cable looms surprised me a little. The relatively small distances between the Molex connectors also caused a little difficulty which was overcome by using extensions to them. The cabling is designed for a more modern PC than that to which it was was fitted so this is not considered unreasonable.

The unit is supplied with fixing screws and cable ties which is very handy given the number of unused looms I now have - again useful in a newer PC than mine.

When fired up the unit worked as advertised; the fact I could barely hear it after the original was a real pleasure. I am happy to say that I believe I made the right choice in selecting a premium unit over a cheaper (as previously fitted from new to my PC) or unbranded item.
on 23 September 2011
Nice psu, very quiet. wires are long so it'll be fine in a bottom mounted case (such as an Antec 300)
No problem running a 6870 +95w cpu
on 8 August 2012
i love this power supply, it has loads of connections, including molex connectors for the case fans since that was the only connector the fans used kinda saved me too. it uses a 8 pin EPS 12v socket - which can split in half so that one half becomes a ATX 4 pin connector - certain motherboards only need the 4 pin ATX connector so this is very useful. it is very quiet, so quiet in fact that i have never heard it once. from the bottom of my heart i have no problems recommending this PSU to anybody. 10/10
on 19 May 2012
My previous PSU was extremely noisy, and after my PC blue screening for the 5th time in a week I decided I would build a new one. Unfortunately Amazon have sent the Motherboard I ordered seperate from the other components in my build, via City Link (google City Link review and you'll see why I'm annoyed)

However I installed this Corsair 600W into my old pc, and what a change! I can actually hear myself think, and dont have to crank up the volume on my speakers to hear things. It has a nice solid finish to it, the wires are covered in mesh to give them a good quality feel, and it has all the right connectors. The trouble is, now I can hear my HDD buzzing away due to the Corsair being so quiet, might have to upgrade to an SSD!

Tl;DR It's a great, quiet PSU.
on 19 August 2012
so ive used this power supply for the past few months to replace a VERY cheap 500w psu that failed on me in less than a week! needless to say when it comes to corsair they know there stuff, great build quality easy to install on my Micro ATX motherboard and supports my GTX 550 ti perfectly, i will gladly be using more of corsairs products
on 10 February 2013
This has been the first time I've ever bought a proper brand power supply and I'm happy I went with this one. It has been running solid for quite a while, and for some reason it has kept the computer running even when I got brief power outages in bad weather (where the even light went out for a brief moment).

Totally recommend this power supply for anybody that intends to build their computer with high quality parts.
I had this in an HTPC build and I would not recommend it! This PSU is great, fantastic build quality, loads of connectors etc but it is a noisy little thing.

I'm not *that* harsh on these sort of things but if you want silent, or even 'quiet' then I wouldn't go for this. It's was easily audible across the room from behind a TV cabinet, though obviously not once a movie/show had started and sound kicked in.

Soon after the HTPC build I moved it to a m-ITX build in a Cooler Master Elite 120 where it is much more at home. In two years of constant use (it's actually been on most of that time!) it has never once had a single issue at all. It's incredibly reliable and delivers day after day. Noise isn't an issue in this build and it fulfils its purpose brilliantly.

Mine is currently powering an i3 and HD 7950 with ease (plus a few drives etc) and I've not had a single issue with it.

So, don't get this if you want something silent/quiet but do get this if you want a reliable well built bit of kit that works day in day out for years and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.
on 10 December 2012
As my old power supply was failing and having used an online calculator to see what real wattage I needed, I searched for a 600W psu. My old powersupply (Iwin 850w, lol more like 400w!) was very noisy and the fan would often knock with a loose wire inside.

Installation of this was a breeze, I opened up my pc and simply unplugged one wire at a time from my old PSU and replaced it with a new cable as I went along. This went fine until I realized my CPU socket on my motherboard (AM3) only supported 4pin. However, after inspecting the CPU plug (another nice feature, everything is labelled) I found that the 8pin CPU wire actually splits in two, offering backwards compatability.

The only drawback however was that I found the screw placements in the holding of the PSU and MY case didn't match up just right so I had to drill a hole to fit, however still a great PSU that is VERY VERY quiet and boots VERY fast.
on 28 December 2012
Bought this PSU for a new gaming build.

It adequately powers an i5-2500k overclocked to 4.4ghz and a Radeon HD6870.

Not much else to say about it except it has plenty of outputs and hasn't faulted me 6 months down the line.