on 20 April 2015
Very good shower
on 23 September 2010
Our Mira event shower died on us after 10 years. It did not come as a shock as it had been making weird noises for almost a year now and our plumber had been saying for a while that it was on its last legs. We thought 10 years was pretty good. We decided to buy a new shower rather than just fixing the motor which had burnt out as after 10 years other parts are also likely to fail. I called (the excellent) Mira customer services to check which model would be the best replacement and they said the Event XS, although all the Mira showers would fit the pipes. I looked at the GO and VIGUOUR but decided to stick with the EVENT as we had been pleased with it and it seems a good middle ground, not the cheapest or the most expensive. I also decided to stick with the cheaper manual rather than thermostatic one as we had had no problems in the past with temperature control.

The price on Amazon is great and in September 2010 the cheapest I could find on the web and £80 cheaper than what our plumber could get from his supplier. The service from this supplier was prompt and we received it within 3 days.

I am not DIY minded so our plumber fitted the shower. It took him 3 hours and was a little bit of a faff but mostly because our old one was harder than expected to remove. He had to drill new holes for the box. I had anticipated that as the shower is a bit bigger than the old one. The soap dish comes as a seperate so new holes had to be drilled for that too. The new shower is great. The power is good and the shower head is very pleasant. I find it less noisy than our old one, but it is possible that because the motor was burning out it was making more of a racket. As it is against a stud wall a level of noise is unavoidable.

All in all I am very pleased with this product and the price on Amazon was very competitive. I now hope that it will last another 10 years!
on 8 February 2011
Like many others we purchased this to replace an old Mira Event and after reading other reviews we went ahead with it. We are not disappointed. We asked a tradesman friend to install it with slightly nimbler fingers than ours, and it took him about two hours in total. The main thing was getting the old one off but once that was done it was very easy to reconnect (only two main things to do) and then refit the new box over the top of the fitting. The new box is rounded at the corners so a bit of filler was needed but that's not a problem. I love the new controls - one to regulate the flow and one for the temperature. It is no noisier than the old one and is great. We didn't bother fitting the new riser as the old one was fine, just used the new shower head and hose. The shower head is great too with 3 settings. It was also the best price we could find anywhere so all in all very pleased.
on 13 February 2011
Absolutely brilliant. My previous power shower died and so I replaced my old Mira with the Mira Event XS - works beautifully. Would definitely recommend.
on 26 February 2011
Great shower. My husband fitted it within 30minutes. The shower was to replace a existing shower and no new plumbing or electrical work was required. Alot less expensive than any other shower either on the internet or local supplier.
on 11 May 2013
It replaced a 12 year old Mira. New one was a straight forward swop. It is quieter and more powerful than the old ... let's hope it lasts as long
on 3 August 2014
I had this same shower for over six years before it finally died on us. As we have only just had our bathroom refitted, and because it was a good shower, I re-ordered the same one. Excellent service.
on 1 January 2012
Just as you would expect with Mira Excellent! More or less a direct replacement for an earlier model just 3 new screw holes to be drilled, would definitely purchase again.
on 20 October 2013
Fast delivery, replaced an old mira event shower with minimal fuss!! Thanks to previous comments which put our mind at rest before purchasing.
on 26 October 2012
Chose this because of its simplicity. Would recommend it. Very easy to understand especially for elderly people who might get confused.