Shop now Shop now</arg> Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Listen with Prime Shop now Shop now

on 13 November 2012
i have an outside light post that has a switch in my garage. this is not an ideal place for it as when i am in my house at night have to go into the garage to put the light on. i looked for a few different solutions but this remote socket looked ideal. ordered it and it came faster than stated. the build construction seems tough and looks fit for purpose. i wired the socket to the line coming from the garage and then wired a normal plug to the bottom of the light. this is working fine and i can now switch the light on or off from in the house, this is a great socket and i am pleased with my purchase. i am not a great D.I.Y.er but this was easy to do.
on 21 June 2013
I have an office at the bottom of my garden. To put light switches either end would be expensive and inappropriate when you can have a simple solution like this. It was simple to install and I just plug in some garden lights. When I exit my office in the evening I just press the remote and on come a trail of lights leading to my house. I press remote again on arrival and problem solves.
I was sold a complicated solution by the lighting company but it did not work. This is so much more effective.
on 11 December 2012
This product is fantastic for many installations or purposes. I've used this to control a solar pump top up cart as you can't always be in a loft and outside/downstairs at the same time, therefore reducing time energy and cost to my customers. Thank you!

The only problem was the battery in the remote was almost dead so make sure you get spares. (CR 2032)
on 9 December 2013
I bought this and an additional socket and they are excellent - tough construction, easy to install and set up. Most importantly the remote controll is wireless - you don't need line of sight for it to work.
on 16 February 2013
Good product works well but no instructions for the remote control unit. The remote has a 4 position switch on the back and nowhere in the literature is there any mention of it. I just set it on position B and used the learn function to programme the operation.
on 16 August 2011
I bought one of these on impulse some time ago but only recently installed it as I was sceptical about the range of the remote.
I currently use it to switch the driveway lights as a time switch is not flexible.
The socket is totally waterproof although I have mounted mine inside a garden feature in the guise of a mini engine house. This is built of stone with a wooden roof, which I thought might interrupt the signal from the remote - it doesn't! I can operate the socket from inside my house 12metres away.
I am now buying 2 more to switch my pond pump and feature lighting. all three can be operated independently from one remote as there are four different setable channels for each socket.
on 18 September 2011
Very quick delivery, very pleased with this. It was easy to install and is working very well,we are very pleased with it. Our pond now looks wonderful in the evenings as well as the day now.
We use Amazon often due to the speed and dependability of their deliverys.
on 20 January 2014
Bought one of these to illuminate my garden when the dog wants out.Works great.I would like 1 more but there not currently available.Wish I had discovered them a long time ago.
on 30 July 2013
Needed it to operate outdoor lighting by remote control....does exactly as it says...wonderful item and will definitely use more on other projects. A nice simply solution.
on 3 October 2013
The product itself works very well but it arrived with one of the hinges already broken. Unfortunately I did not have time to return it as the job had to be finished.

See one answered question