Format: Wireless Phone Accessory|Change
Price:£61.58+ Free shipping

VINE VOICEon 17 August 2011
Format: Wireless Phone Accessory|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using this for couple of weeks now so this review is based on my impressions so far,if anything else comes to light I will add an update.
1.PAIRING.
I've paired 2 phones to this Car Kit,an HTC Desire HD and a Sony Ericsson K800.Both phones paired quickly and transfer of each phones phonebook also completed quickly and successfully.This kit allows pairing to 8 phones but will only monitor 2 phones simultaneously.
2.CHARGING AND BATTERY LIFE.
On receipt I fully charged the Kit from my laptop using the usb lead provided.This took about 4 hours.After approx 50 hours use so far (including about 4 hours talk time and 2 hours navigation direction time) the kit announces that the battery charge is still high when turned on.A cigarette lighter charger is also provided to enable in car charging.
3.INSTALLATION.
This is very easy to do as all that is required is to slide the metal clip onto a sunvisor and then attach the magnetic rear of the Supertooth HD to the clip.There is an indentation on both sides of the clip that perfectly fits the magnets so the device feels very secure once located.When using the sunvisor simply remove the device,pull down the sunvisor and reattach to the other side of the clip.
4.CALLS.
When receiving a call the kit will announce the caller if they are in your phonebook.3 vocal commands are available;Answer,Reject or Ignore or if you prefer to answer manually pressing the button in the middle of the volume control answers the call.9 voice command contacts can be made to facilitate handsfree dialling but 4 of these must be Home,Office,Voice mail and Emergency.The other option is to simply manually dial the number from the phone.At town speeds the vocal commands work well but I always use the manual option at motorway speeds as the noise inside the vehicle sometimes seems to interfere with the vocal commands.
The clarity of the speakers is superb for such a small device and even at motorway speeds calls come through loud and clear.Callers have reported that my voice is loud and clear also so the 2 microphones and the Noise/Echo Cancellation device seem to function very well.
A nice bonus of this device is that when using my HTC Desire HD's navigation system the vocal directions are emitted from the Supertooth which makes them a lot easier to hear than when transmitted from the pathetic speaker in the phone.
5.BUILD QUALITY.
The build quality appears to be excellent.A smooth glossy black finish with a contrasting metallic effect front centre panel looks very pleasing.All controls feel positive and function very well.
6.EXTRAS.
Included with the Kit is an activation code for 6 months free subscription to SuperTooth Handsfree Assistant.This enables the user to directly connect to the service and use voice commands to listen to email,send text messages and use social media sites such as Facebook etc.I am unable to comment on this service as it is of no interest to me but prospective purchasers may find it useful.
7.INSTRUCTIONS/WEBSITE.
Included with the kit is a quick start guide which is perfectly adequate to get up a running.Unfortunately the full user guide is not currently available to download on the Supertooth website and none of the tutorial videos shown on the website are available to view either.Hopefully,this will be remedied soon.
In conclusion I can certainly recommend this Car Kit.It functions faultlessly and initial impressions indicate that it will be reliable in the long term.
VINE VOICEon 31 July 2011
An amazing, well built, well structured and practical product.
1. Pairing with the phone is almost a doddle. no hassle and amazing thing is everytime phone is close to this kit, it automatically takes over.
2. Making phone call through it is also simple and very quick.
3.simple one touch commands, I specially like the verbal battery charge command.
4. excellent facility to even dictate texts through kit though wont accept certain words and symbols.
5. Magnetic clips are very solid and easy to remove and put it away in glove box

The only bad point could be the size, though it is very slim and sleek and with an excellent built quality but it is much bigger than other alternatives.
On the whole, if u want practical, sturdy and excellent product, this is one for you. u wont be disaapointed... take my word for it.
on 31 October 2011
Setting up the pairing with my phone was very easy, and though my phone doesn't do voice calling, by setting up the contacts list as suggested, can still 'voice' call my 5 main contacts, this for me is fine.
Very easy to make and receive calls when driving. and pairs automatically every time I get in the car, so my phone can stay in my work case.

Battery lasted over 2 weeks, and then charged very quickly.

Really impressed with the look and function of this product, and its easy to transfer to any car.

Love it!!
VINE VOICEon 8 October 2011
Had this for around 2-3 months now and am generally very pleased with it.

The good bits:
- well made premium looking product.
- very easy pairing for 2 phones simultaneously.
- astonishing battery life (required charging once so far).
- very clear speaker for hearing the caller.
- great magnetic clip system ... so easy.

The not so great bits:
- callers find it the reception noisy when driving at motorway speeds.
- bizarre English in the instructions.
Supertooth HD Handsfree Bluetooth Speakerphone Car Kit - Black
1. When I first turned on the device, it asked me the language I wanted to use (British English was the first option!!!)
2. Linked in no time via bluetooth connection to my mobile phone
3. Copied my phone book from the phone to the device in no time
4. Got a friend to call me and it worked 1st time.
5. Some functions didn't work as my mobile didn't support them (which is surprising as its brand new, and a 'good quality' phone)
6. However, the device does some of these functions via alternative methods so all is not lost
7. Quality and volume of voices are good

I have yet to sort out texting as I'm not sure it would be safe to do so whilst driving even if it is relatively easy to do.

All in all, quite an impressive piece of kit. Whilst agreeing with the fiddly packaging (just pull it, it's only sticky glue holding it) I do not believe that warrants a loss of a star.

I give it 5 stars and a 'Highly Recommended'

Since the above, I have reviewed my comments above and changed the overall to 3 stars.

Having set up the device at home (which worked - I 'voice called' 3 separate people), I tried using it on a journey and found each of the 'voice call' recipients I had set up (which worked perfectly at home the previous day), when voice called, simply sent me to MY voice mail.

I also found another problem - The paperwork that comes with the device is minimal to say the least. One has to download the manual from the web site and herein lies my problem. I don't find the website easy to navigate so am going to have to wait until I have quite a chunk of time to sort out what is potentially a good and useful item.

Unfortunately, for now, it's sitting unused.

I would have given it only 2 stars but, due to its potential, I've given it 3 - that may change - keep looking for further comments.
on 28 November 2015
The best ever "visor" type of Bluetooth hands free unit I have seen or used.
Call quality is excellent and the called party always says my voice sound very clear to them.
Can pair to two phones at the same time and connects instantly if unit is left switched on in "sleep" mode.
Takes about 15 secs to connect when powered on,
hit the on button when you get in the car and by the time you have the seat belt on,
started the engine and checked you mirrors the phone will have connected.
I also have Bluetooth in the car radio but this beats the radio hands down for quality.
Plugged in the USB charger to the cigarette lighter socket and charge the unit while I drive.
My wife was so impressed she got one for her car.
on 18 October 2012
I bought this as a replacement for a Parrot minikit which self destructed. So much for what I thought was the leading brand.

This is a much more solidly built bit of kit when you feel it in your hand.

I like the way the device attaches via a strong magnet to the sun visor clip, meaning that it's more portable and doesn't eventually rip your sun visor material through constantly taking it off to hide it from would be thieves.

The audio quality is also pretty good on both ends of the call too.

I (and the wife) did find that this product could do with a simple cheat sheet of voice commands. I know you can say "What can I say" and the Supertooth tells you but this is slow and that doesn't really help when you then have to remember who you stored as "Contact 1", "Contact 2" etc. The commands for voice dialling are also dictated by the phone so conceptually it's quite weird to first hear the Supertooth voice giving prompts and then that of the phone, at a much lower volume.

Pairing and synchronising the phonebook was very very easy. In fact, a little too easy. We will use the dual phone feature to connect both phones in the car to the Supertooth at the same time but I was a bit surprised that after initial pairing, the Supertooth started downloading all the contacts from the Android phone without any kind of confirmation or permission prompt. I have more than 5000 contacts and that's pretty useless to have them duplicated in a handsfree kit so I don't want them downloaded automatically.

Finally, I was curious to see what the envelope icon was all about and it's quite a neat [paid for, after a free trial period] service which allows you to manage contacts online and then 'connect' to them verbally from the Supertooth in order to send SMS, email and wait for it, Facebook and Twitter etc. updates. Why anyone would want to do that while driving is beyond me but hey ho, everyone's different.

All in all, we're both very pleased with this product. It gets 4 starts because you're forced to use your memory to use it.
on 9 January 2012
I bought this on the back of the reviews of others as well as the product specification. So far it has been very easy to set up for the manual calling and the device seems to have taken over my directory from my mobile phone. However trying to set up the voice command is another story entirely. I have a brand new Samsung mobile phone so the technology is bang up to date but I cannot fathom out how to marry the 2 devices to use the voice command and the lack of instructions is not helping at all. Just on the subject of instructions it is not clear at all how to set up the automated dialling - a must for handsfree as far as I am concerned. I tried to say the names - no! I tried to spell out the names - no! I tried speaking the ".2" etc that is stated in the instructions - no! So I am guessing this is going to be a very long engagement before the final marriage can actually take place.

To end on a positive note, using the device manually yields very clear calls.
on 29 November 2011
I purchased this item for my Wife, somthing that was easy to use and straight forward. Instructions were a little vague But it was a dream to set up really easy. She drives a 4 x 4 like a Racing car so it required a good volume and a strong Hold on the visor. She has really taken to it, no problems from day 1. Easy to remove and replace at any time due to the strong magnetic clip. The battery on standby goes on and on, only one recharge in a month due to her using it while driving every day, Charge up time very short, The vocal commands are very clear all in all a great piece of Kit at a very reasonable price "it leaves my handsfree standing !!! will replace my own when it dies with this product"
on 7 February 2012
I spend a huge amount of time in my car and a lot of time on the 'phone. Until recently I used a bluetooth earpiece with my mobile, but was getting very fed up with this. My wife has a Jabra handsfree device which works ok but the speaker volume is way too low when you are doing anything over 30 mph. I did a fair amount of research and ended up buying this. I have to say the voice command features were the lowest on my list but it is these that I have found to be revolutionary! I paired it with my iPhone and it has worked faultlessly, I am currently only using the Supertooth voice commands and have not tried it via my iPhone voice activation which I have not set up. I've also not tried the auto texting / email option yet. I have had no issues at all with the Supertooth voice recognition it has worked every time regardless of speed & background noise although I do switch the radio off before making / receiving calls. Speaker volume and clarity is exceptional and I have had no problems with holding conversations at whatever speed I have been doing. Battery life is incredible and build quality is impressive - love the way it attaches to the clip magnetically. Set up was a breeze - took about 5 minutes and the instructions although brief were perfectly clear. A gadget that does exactly what it promises - A very rare occurrence!