on 6 July 2012
Myself and my partner have just got our very first smartphones (Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830) and I wanted to get some screen protectors for them. I have never used screen protectors before, so spent a bit of time reading through reviews of various ones here on Amazon before purchasing. I decided to order these Hi-tec Essentials ones from Techgear Solutions via Amazon, and I am so glad I did!

Techgear Solutions were super quick to deliver (ordered on 03 July and they arrived on 05 July). The pack included 3 individually wrapped screen protectors and a small micro-fibre cloth, together with fitting instructions. NB My pack did not include a plastic credit-card-sized implement to smooth out bubbles, so I used a credit card wrapped in a micro-fibre cloth as an alternative.

I cannot fault this product. I was able to apply a screen protector to both Samsung Galaxy Ace smartphones completely successfully first time. The screen protectors fit the phone perfectly. The only thing to mention is that at the very top of the phone where there is a horizontal bar that sticks out proud, the screen protector has a cut out just above this, so there is a small piece at the top of screen unprotected.

This is how I fitted mine: I have another small micro-fibre cloth, so I dampened this one and used it to clean the screen of any dust etc. I then used the dry cloth that came with the screen protectors to give it a final wipe and ensure nothing was left on the screen. Following the instructions, I peeled about an inch or so of the protective backing of the screen protector away and lined the top part up on the phone. Then peeled away the remaining backing and the screen protector clung to the screen perfectly aligned. I then used a credit card wrapped in the micro-fibre cloth to smooth away about 10 or so bubbles that had been created. I was careful and patient, but they were really easy and quick to remove. Once all the bubbles had been removed (yes, I removed them all!), I peeled away the top layer of protective material and then found I had a perfect fitting screen protector with no bubbles or anything under the protector - a perfect result!

Now I just have to see how scratched the protector gets and how long it will last until I need to apply another one! I know that these screen protectors are a bit more expensive than some of the others offered (3 screen protectors for just under £2), but from my recent experience they are worth it. Providing they last a few weeks, I will be returning to buy more as and when I need them.
on 30 March 2012
These screen protectors are a bit fiddly to fit correctly with no bubbles, but that's true for every screen protector I've used. Because it's a pack of three, you can afford to mess up fitting one of them! You have to really make sure there is no dust at all before fitting in order to avoid bubbling - use the cleaning cloth provided in the pack to wipe the screen and I've found it's best to tilt the phone around in a good light to spot any specks of dust you've missed.

These protectors were a great fit for my phone, better than the prvious one I purchased which had fairly large gaps around the edges and around the function key which over time meant gathered dust and made it more prone to peeling.

Would purchase again.
on 1 July 2013
These screen protectors cost me almost nothing so perhaps I was expecting too much of them, but they have a number of significant flaws. The instructions seem to be in 4 point text - my eyesight is slightly better than the old standard of 20/20 and I found them really difficult to read. The protectors have a thin sheet of plastic covering the adhesive; even when you can read the instructions it is still really difficult to work out bit is the screen protector and which bit is the sheet you throw away.

The packaging claims that the adhesive is really very special and won't leave a residue - I've yet to test that because I haven't yet peeled off the first proector that I put on, but I can tell you that the tabs provided to help you separate the two layers use an adhesive whose residue stayed put until I used some alcohol to persuade it to budge.

I'd like to give this just one star but I have to admit that it protects the screen and the touch sensors still work properly so I gave it two stars.
on 16 November 2012
To start of I feel I must comment on the speed of delivery, ordered on Monday and delivered on Wednesday. Considering that it is free delivery, wow for super-fast and super-cheap.

The protectors are of standard / normal quality, clear and a smooth feel. One thing I will mention about the protectors as a negative, is that are very hard to align the corners and this could be as they need a very slight better cut. When fitting any kind of protectors and wanting no air bubbles it is very important to have a good clean before hand to get rid any dust. A quick tip is that you use microfibre cloths for best results.

Took me a few attempts to fit and if you follow instructions its actually quite easy. use fingers or a card to remove any bubbles whilst tab 2 is still attached. When done and happy just remove tab 2, to reveal protector.

All in all I am happy with the quality of product as it does the job.
on 9 May 2012
I purchased a Samsung galaxy ace and was worried about getting my brand new gadget scratched so bought these screen protectors. Must say a was very impressed, very fast delivery and easy to apply, no air bubbles and a perfect fit, phone works as if it was'nt there. If i had one tiny little grumble it would be that the final application tab (red tab B) left a glue residue behind which took a little screen cleaner and rubbing to come off, otherwise perfect, highly recommended.
on 18 May 2014
I got this protector from "Techgear" as I thought they were a good reliable supplier. I received the item quick enough but when I tried to position it on the phone the cut outs didn't line up exactly, when you got the top ones lined up the bottom one was out and visa versa,so I finished up cutting off the top and bottom and just left enough to cover the actual screen. Not a good purchase.
on 6 February 2018
ok
on 12 May 2013
**PACK OF 3** - SAMSUNG GALAXY ACE S5830 CLEAR Screen Protector with cleaning cloth - TECHGEAR SOLUTIONS
Brilliant Brilliant just the thing for protecting this great Phone, Delivery first class and very quick thanks again I would highly recommend this Item
on 25 March 2013
These screen protectors will not exactly for the Samsung S5380, as the top part of the protector is cut away (for another model?) and therefore a small part of the phone's facia is exposed near to the earpiece mic. They will suffice if necessary, but not the correct fit.
on 3 August 2013
Thanks for the speedy delivery, I think it was here the next day so I was able to get my new phone protected right away, this is quite important as I don't want a phone cover but I want to be able to just put it in my handbag, well pleased

See one answered question