on 22 February 2013
Had to have this. When we were kids we used to congregate up the market every Saturday morning, where the guy on the record stall used to blast out the latest Trojan offerings. We never knew much about it, we did'nt particularly care......but we knew what we liked and all of us had loads of obscure singles in our collections. Totally infectious beats and timeless!
Reggae as it was meant to be.
6 people found this helpful
on 17 October 2015
Love it!!
These tunes take me back to my childhood, when my parents would be playing most of these records.
I was actually looking to purchase the tune 'Kingston Town' - when I typed it into 'search' all the albums featuring it came up. I like the 'Trojan' collections so I thought I'd check that one out. After listening to all the samples I just HAD to have it!! And I've been listening to it non stop, it's great!
Like the fact that I can sing/hum/dance along to most of the tunes, and it makes me feel happy, relaxed!
Check it out!!
One person found this helpful
on 2 May 2018
Excellent
on 1 May 2017
Great love the
on 31 July 2013
Good album for Reggae fans, especially if you want the flavour of early sounds, there's bound to be stuff you might not have heard before, but that's the great thing about this album you can rediscover and discover. Either way it will get your feet tapping and dancing.
on 10 March 2013
Why this item needs a review is beyond me. Pure class original reggae of the 1960's and 70's that became ever more popular into the 80's and is still loved by so many generations.
Some things remain true. They don't build trains like they used to, they don't make shoes like they used to, and they don't produce reggae like they used to.
on 5 January 2017