on 27 September 2017
Wish I could give these more than 5 stars - 2 reasons; 1 - they have such a good balance across the frequencies and the bass is superb. You need neodymium magnets in your earphones if you're going to get good bass, which these have, yet other earphones also featuring the magnets still don't produce the same bass tones, so these ones must have magic powers. 2, most earphones these days have the weird lumpy bits on them that sit right inside your ear canal (buds I think they're called) - I can't use them at all; it hurts and feels like they're halfway inside your head. It;s very difficult to find any without them, factor in a decent bass tone and these are the only ones that can do the job, and they do it soooo well. Will be buying more of these as soon as I can.
on 13 January 2015
The sound quality is undeniably quite good, you certainly feel connected to the music with nothing in the way to "colour" the sound too much. It really feels like they're eagerly reproducing everything thrown at them, with "detail" (which just means there's plenty of high treble) and a little more bass than plenty of others.

However, to my ears they sound quite harsh for a few kHz around 2 or 3 kHz, and I couldn't get on with them for this reason. My ears feel like they're straining to put up with the onslaught, no matter what I did with the EQ (on several pieces of equipment). I tried very many tracks and just wasn't enjoying the music. I ended up trying some old white iPod 'phones my kids had discarded, and with a quick fiddle with my player's EQ I enjoyed the sound so much in comparison that I ended up happily spending an hour or two with my favourite music wondering why can't all headphones make me feel so in touch with the music.
This harshness may not affect other people because I noticed that if I pushed gently inwards (which normally gives a lot more bass from earbuds like these) the harshness went away. But I can't walk around with my fingers pressing in on them, so I'm giving these a 4 star review because I can believe that other listeners may have a better fit with their ears, and my son seems to like them - so they're now his.
on 25 April 2016
The sound quality of these earphones are amazing for the price! However I can't help but find the earphones to be uncomfortable in the ear, and what's worse, the earphones broke within a month, so after purchasing a second pair, they also broke within a month! Fantastic sound quality, but very easy to break! You may also find the sponge covers uncomfortable and easy to fall off depending on your ear size.
on 13 November 2015
Wanted to try an alternative to my standard iPhone headphones, so after reading some reviews went for these. However, these were my second pair as the first had a horrible rattle sound so had to send them back. The ear pieces don't fit too well in your ear, not like the iPhone speakers, so tend to fall out every now and then. The quality of the speakers wasn't too much of an improvement to the iPhone ones either, so these have now been placed in a drawer and I have gone back to my iPhone originals! Waste of my money, but had to give them a try. Won't buy them again.
on 16 October 2017
honestly I wouldn't pay 1 pound for these. I want my money back. terrible finish and can hear just about. everything in the background. plastic feel and finish. honestly the worst 15 pounds I could have seont. wouldn't recommend this to my worst enemy. I can only think those that gave it 3 stars and above must be deaf or are being paid off.
on 30 June 2017
These are my favourite earphones. I just wish they would last longer (I have had 4 pairs that give out after a year, usually because the left or right feed dies so you are left with one ear working)
on 29 June 2017
Onto my third set of these as they are so good and I use them so much they get worn out. I have never purchased the same headphones ever so these are very good. Only negative is some smaller ears may not fit to well.
but build and sound quality is all great and a big upgrade to near all phones provided in a new mobile.
on 8 June 2016
Suprisingly good sound for the price. Full rounded bass, good image, nice mids, good detail and well balanced overall. A little large but they haven't fallen out yet. Wearing them while jogging will be the real test. If they pass then I'll give an extra star.
on 16 December 2014
For the money, these are very good quality earphones.
The sound is very clear, and they seem to cope with the bass better than other earphones in their price range.
As for the bass, it's just right. Some earphones have no bass at all, whereas others have a ridiculously overpowering bass. These are fine in that regard.

The little fuzzy things for putting over the earphones were really small and thing, causing them both to tear a little.
The only other downside was the packaging. It was almost impenetrable.
on 4 June 2016
These were a cheap purchase, but I usually trust Seinheiser to have relatively durable earphones. In the past, they have usually lasted me about 2 years before one side loses sound. However, this time, the earphones began to break after about a year, and the ear bud covers were really bad. I bought some replacement ones and had to use them instead. Decided to invest in more expensive ones after this experience.