on 17 August 2011
This is a highly convenient set of cards for standardising the colour-balance of your photos: just include one or more of them in a calibration photo of your subject matter and use this to correct the colour-balance of all the other photos taken under the same lighting conditions. They save lots of time at the post-production stage. The cards are water-proof and wipe-clean, and fit easily into your photo-kit bag. I chose this size as they seemed to be a good compromise: small enough to be easily portable, large enough to show up in the type of photographs which I take. Highly recommended.
on 13 April 2012
I used this initially to test how my cameras interpret white balance and was quite surprised at the results. I don't tend to use this for normal day-to-day photography but if I am doing portraits etc this is extremely useful both to set white balance and also black and white points using levels in my image software. A perfect size - not too small and not too big. Useful addition to my camera kit.
on 4 March 2012
This white balance card from Opteka is just the right size to put in your kit bag. It is made out of good quality material and comes with a hand strap, i use this evey time i come across a difficult lighting situation it saves you a lot of time post processing for white balance.
on 1 October 2012
Shooting in jpeg meant that all the photos taken in my living room where slightly yellowish as all the camera models that I have tried failed to get the right auto white balance in that room.

Using the grey card in the set and a custom setup setting that is available in my Sony a77 and Sony RX100 means that I just need to point the camera towards the card to get the right white balance before doing any shooting which saves a bit of time in trying to get things right later and reduces the need for shooting in RAW or RAW+Jpeg.

The other cards might be useful especially in post processing but to be honest I am using them just for the protection of the grey card which is much easier for the camera to interpret. the set can very easily fit in the back pocket of my jeans, but you have to get a jeans with pockets that are slightly large.
on 31 May 2013
It is ok for the price. When opened the box with the cards they looked marked/scratched therefore you would have to be really careful when photographing the card since the damaged areas are different color, this especially applies to the gray card. Still i'm going to keep them, but you have to store them somewhere safe so you do not scratch/damage them any further since the surface of the cards can be easily damaged.
on 12 October 2012
I was really dissapointed with the quality of these cards. The white, had black marks and smudges. The Black and Grey had what looked like oily smudges and scuffs. Overall poor quality. I tried them out and found the results inconsistent ( maybe the angle that the light hits them and reflects, don't know really). I take pride in my equipment, and stuff I've had for years is in better condition than these. I may be unlucky, I don't know how the previous reviewers can give Five Stars?????. Got to admit, Amazons returns system is excellent. Printed a postage label out, stuck it on the original package, handed it in at the Post Office, Free Return Delivery.
on 27 December 2012
this was bought as a present for my daughter who is studying photography at university.The card was recommended to her as a useful aid to getting good results and they definately work.they were delivered well within the time that they were expected and the difference that they make to photograghs has to be seen to be believed.we would recommend these cards to anyone who is serious about their photography
on 9 October 2015
"Quality" ok in terms of the physical BUT the grey card gives a completely wrong colour temperature - my 20 year old piece of cardboard that was free with an AP magazine gives far more accurate and consistent results.
on 17 January 2013
I had a similar problem to another reviewer. The cards had greasy smudge marks all over them and one of the cards had a faded image burnt into it's surface like it had been left under bright lights for a year. I don't usually complain but sending this back was a pain. It's not just about the refund, it's about the wasted time.
on 12 August 2015
sometimes not very practical but still a good alternative way to balance white and color, very cheap and handy