on 27 October 2011
I have been looking for a product which can help me organiz all my notes from different meetings and seminars.I found this product by accident and after 2nd thought I decided to give it a try.

The produt itself looks elegant thought the cover is only leather like. Well. I muss admit the setting up needs a bit patience and time. Once I installed the software delivered with the package and pair it with my laptop and blackberry via bluetooth, the magic happens :-) What I write or draw can be stored in the memory of the receiver (up to 100 pages according to the manufacturer) and can even simultaneously tansfer to my laptop or blackberry, which means I can see what I wirte or draw directly on the display of my laptop or blackberry. The inluded software MyScript Notes Lite has the handwriting recognition function. At the beginning, it was not 100% correct but is getting better. Thanks to this function, I can nowsend out the meeting minutes to my colleagues direcly after the meeting.This really saves time!!

One last thing I want to mention is that one can buy paper notebooks from any stationery shop after the last page is finished. I see simliar products for which special papers are needed and really expensive!!

I recommend it to anyone who is still used to writing on paper but wants to digitalizing and sharing his content with little effort.
44 comments| 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 9 March 2014
The basic function of this notetaker couldn't satisfy me more - it does what it promises and converts my hand written notes into usable text files.

So it seems such a shame that the product is otherwise deeply flawed. The folder is a rather nasty piece of plastic and cardboard, with a pen loop that is far to big to hold the pen, and a closure that works loose in a matter of minutes.. The pen its self is cheap and nasty - so badly made that the lid won't stay on, and can't be clipped to the end while it is in use. As a result the pen - a rather expensive piece of equipment - is constantly falling out of the folder and turns up loose and lidless in the bottom of bags, briefcases, my desk drawer, and at least twice has fallen to the floor while being packed away at the end of a meeting.

If only a little more attention had been paid to the basic usability of the product; perfectly functional folders and pens can be picked up for under £8.00 in any stationers, was it really beyond the reach of the designers of this product to make a pen with a working lid, or stitch a bit of elastic in place to hold it secure?

Edited to add:

All patience gone - the software provided with this is now crashing on a minute by minute basis, and I have downgraded my review to one star.

Not worth the time or money - in future I will be scanning my hand writing direct to my hard drive, and using standard OCR software to convert it.
on 16 June 2014
Bought as Amazon warehouse. Thought it was dead on arrival, really wanted it to work, but after about 3 days and a sputtering of output rubbish I gave up and chucked it in the bin. Cant be arsed to get a refund and I don't have it any more.

Bought the Staedtler pen, which is what I wanted to start with, but stupidly went with this as it was cheaper and had bluetooth.
on 11 March 2013
does what it says so very useful in the field. Instructions badly worded for adding batteries though as the word top should mean bottom in this case!
on 16 October 2013
Unfortunately it never worked out of the box. Refused to charge up so had to return it.

Also the software only works with Android and Blackberry - very unusual to not have an iOS version.
on 31 December 2014
Returned, missing parts
on 22 May 2014
Doesn't work with my many android devices.. And does not work
Well with windows app.... Waist of money.and my time. Worth £9.99
And then you are be ripped off.
on 8 April 2013
Bought as birthday present so can't rate performance, presentation good. Packing is also adequate,if it work as well as described it will be good.

See one answered question