on 25 July 2017
10/10
on 22 April 2017
They where great.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 25 November 2016
A superb series that was cancelled before its time. So therefore has an end of season rather than end of show feel to it.

This is the remake of the 1980's TV show. The story is a little different to the original show, but the basics are the same. Aliens come to Earth, they look like us but they are actually a little more lizardy underneath.

Much like their appearance, they seem nice yet, they have nefarious plans afoot for us.

The only issue that the how has is that we are now used to much better levels of special effects in films and from time to time on TV, and although the spaceships and background effects are lovely, the same can't be said for the true form of our alien friends. The reptilian CGI could have done with a little more work. But at least when they are in human form they look a lot like Morena Baccarin. That can't ever be a bad thing.
on 22 October 2017
V. Good updating of the classic 80s Sci Fi series about an alien race arriving on earth who say they come in peace but of course have a very different agenda to what they say. Morena Baccarin who plays the alien queen Anna is very good and she is one hot lady very sexy and great to find out in season 2 that she is the daughter of the original baddy Diana played by Jane Badler from the 80s series who is still alive and kept a prisoner by Anna in the depths of the motherdhip. Great special effects and really believable acting throughout make this a compelling watch. Only downside is that only 22 episodes were ever made as it got cancelled after season 2. Looks wonderful in HD on Bluray.
on 9 February 2014
Very enjoyable Sci-Fi series. This is a remake of the original 1980's series and follows along similar lines. Large spaceships arrive on earth and park themselves strategically over major cities. The Visitors introduce themselves to humans as benign beings from space with only humankind's best interest at heart......
on 20 May 2014
Morena Bacarin is stunning, not only visually, but in accurately portraying the cold, calculating, domineering reptilian nature. There is some good acting and not so good. Don't like much the other main character Erica. The actress is not fantastic. Her son is absolutely appalling "actor". How exactly he has been casted for the role is not very clear to me. I want his agent as soon as! I do like a lot Scot Woolf and Joel Gretch. Very good actors, really deserving more in the film industry! Also very good is the actor playing Ana's right hand Christopher Shyer! The rest are below average. But all in all, very entertaining TV. I can recommend it for fans of the genre.
on 15 July 2012
I bought it because I enjoy the serie and when I started watching it I saw that there is is french language also. My children and perhaps other customers will enjoy that news.
Good quality, some delete scene. Bought it and you'll have some good moment in family (ok for teenagers but not children under 12, beware of nightmare). Have fun.
on 23 June 2012
I have been debating for awhile if I should give this a try, saw the pilot while I was in Egypt, but stayed away (for no particular reason) season 2 came out. still left it, then heard it got cancelled and it didn't close properly i.e. left with a cliffhanger. so that put me off. But I had decided what the hell give it a go, and got series 1 and 2 boxset, started watching. And I am enjoying it, on the second episode of season 2 at the moment, and it is a shame it got cancelled. Granted it may not be the greatest sci-fi series of all time. But it was still good. And should have been good enough for another series or so. The guy behind the music has taken a leaf from Bear McCreary (Battlestar Galactica) as it has the same kind of sound. overall it is a good series. havent seen the last episode so cannot comment how bad it ends. If your like me and hate when a show ends on a cliffhanger and you know it's left with no answers and no proper conclusion can be really annoying. though have been told the end is good...
it's also funny how on Itunes it has 13 episodes but the fifth episode is more a recap due to the writers strike. but wasnt included on the dvd/blu-ray set, but nothing bad. also Tyler's charactor is a bit annoying the whole teenage angst does get old quite quickly.
I would recomend it... though it is no Battlestar Galactica. It is good for what it is. and no i have never seen the original so i cant compare the two either.
on 31 March 2013
Great with two reservations:

I agree the sound is poor, so much so that after a couple of episodes I watched with subtitles on!

I was, probably stupidly, unaware that at the end you are left cliff hanging as further episodes were cancelled owing to poor US ratings. There is a Facebook V page for those who wish to add their voices to the large number requesting a final series and I would suggest it is worthwhile adding as many names as possible.

Deducting one star for the sound but no further deduction for my disappointment.
on 4 March 2016
I AM A SCIENCE FICTION FAN AND THE FIRST SERIES OF V BACK IN THE EIGHTIES WAS BRILLIANT I DID NOT THINK THAT A NEW UPDATED V WOULD BE ANY BETTER I WAS WRON I BROUGHT THIS NEW V SEASON ONE AND I WAS HOOKED I HAD TO GET SEASON TWO BUT I AM REALLY DISAPOINTED THAT THERE IS NOT A SEASON 3 PLEASE MOVIE MAKERS MAKE A SEASON 3