on 25 June 2011
So I have had this tv for a few days now, I thought I would use it a bit before writing a review. The tv itself is very easy on the eye, sharp straight edges make it fit in with any half modern living room. The picture is very, very clear and when watching any high definition programs or films, you can see every blemish and impurity on the actors faces which is kind of refreshing :D The sound quality on this tv is very good, I have had the volume turned up pretty high for some gaming and noticed no degradation in sound quality, sound is also further improved if you turn on Clear Voice II. The tv picture is highly customisable and the levels of contrast and brightness are completely adequate for watching tv or playing games.

I decided to play Grand Theft Auto 4 for a few hours to see how it handles games and it handles them well! The size of the screen makes it feel like you are almost in the game! Getting chased and shot at by cops in high definition game mode is lots of fun! I notived no tv lag when playing game whatsoever so you can rest easy. Onto the menu, it is very well laid out and easy to use. You can completely customise the tv in under 5 minutes to suit your needs, you can change the labels of each hdmi port so you know which one belongs to your dvd player, or games console, or satellite tv. You can turn the standby green light on and off by the settings if you wish. The tv comes with a handy 'quick menu' button so you can change the modes or major settings of the tv easily without having to faff around with the full menu.

Well I am going to go back to blowing up some cop cars in GTA4, but before I go there is maybe 1 bad thing about this tv, its nothing too major but the tv is only 50hz which means that at 42" it can become quite noticeable when watching fast moving action, like the balls at Wimbledon or running in athletics. Don't get me wrong, it's not so bad that you can not watch it, but if you focus on it you can notice it. For me, it's more than fine.

Thanks for reading!
33 comments| 145 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2011
Bought for my mother after obtaining a 37" version for my wife. Very easy to set up the basics, which is probably enough for most viewers and basically works efficiently straight from the box. Picture quality is outstanding, sound very good and of course no messing around with set top boxes etc. for the switchover. Also Amazon delivered, free, at a very fast rate, making it an even better buy.
77 comments| 124 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 July 2011
Bought this LG TV to replace our old clonker! Although that was an LG too, and have had no trouble with that. This TV is an excellent picture, easy to set up, and fully recomended.Set is on a swivel, so can be turned to where you are sitting. You wont go wrong with this TV.
0Comment| 105 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 August 2011
Took a bit of a chance on this one, after much internet research, as the specification looked good. I don't think I could have chosen better, particularly in this price range (big saving & free delivery via Amazon really helped). Basic setup is very easy and good enough, I suspect, for the average viewer who wants to get it out of the box and be up and running in about 10 minutes. There are many items that you can meddle with via the menu, but why worry if you can plug and play to a high standard anyway. My wife is delighted with this one as it was really for her birthday and is very impressed with the picture, sound quality and ease of operation. So it is 5 stars from me and many thanks to the good people of Amazon who managed to get it here after just 3 days!
on 16 June 2011
Got it few days ago. Swift delivery. Great packaging. Watching it constantly without any issues. Picture quality is brilliant. No issues as all with the sound. Eco function is another good thing. What else you need in that great price.
44 comments| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 October 2011
I have been in the TV repair trade since 1953 and seen some TV pictures good and bad.
This TV is one of the best I have seen using a HD box and for the price, can't beat it.also I was recommended from two people in the family.
on 19 June 2011
I bought this TV a week ago, for a start the delivery was fantastic - next day bang on time! Nicely packaged, not too much rubbish. We let it sit for an hour or so then set it up which took no more than 10mins from ripping the box open to everything being plugged in, freeview channels scanned as well as PS3, Xbox, Wii, surround sound and Sky box all set up and ready to go. Picture quality is fantastic and the sound is perfectly fine (especially considering the tiny speakers!).
Loving this TV so far, it looks the part and I still can't believe how cheap Amazon are selling it for. I recommend snapping this TV up before it goes up in price.. great little big buy!!
on 21 August 2011
Many friends had recommend an LG tv before, so when my Samsung packed up, the opportunity was there. Looked around and found that here was the cheapest price!! What a TV!!!!!!!!!! Picture quality, sound, easy to set up and the self adjusting to light conditions. Won't go back to anything else...................
on 17 September 2011
We are very impressed with this TV. It is very easy to set up - the hardest thing is to attach the stand. We bought it to replace a rental tv and although we already had a HD tv, this seems to be much brighter and more in focus. Overall I would highly recommend it. Brilliant price, brilliant product and the delivery was excellant as well. I saw it on the Curry's site with their much-vaunted price match but when I rang they said they did not price match with Amazon - says it all really. The service from Amazon has been excellant and the same product at a much cheaper price.
on 27 June 2011
Bought this at a bargain price, just before prices went up, its a great TV, only had it a few weeks admittedly but great picture and easy install. XD engine producing fast picture movements not a problem, no blurry edges as with many low budget LCD TV's. Very impressed with build quality and Finnish. Highly recommended.

See one answered question