on 7 August 2017
A bit hard to get into and can be confusing at times. Would probably have been better if it was longer.
on 26 March 2016
Interesting twists
on 1 August 2013
Excellent, well written, full of suspense. Have been reading the Extinction Point series by the same author. If anything this was better.
on 17 October 2011
really enjoyed this book, very original, and thought provoking, and entertaining.I liked the characters, and read it really quickly because I couldn't put it down! looking forward to his next book now, great new author.
22 Comments| 13 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 March 2016
Another from the Kindle library.
I don’t know why but this just did not grab me, the story was decent enough with a good idea that everyone was thrown back in time but with their original memories.
I kept going back to the beginning to see if I had missed anything about Jim/James the main character. He is introduced as a writer and the book goes on to develop the character’s background, he is then asked to join a project to save the world and is then introduced as a doctor, perhaps a bit more background would have helped. The other characters seem to disappear to reappear much later in the book, again more of their stories would have helped.
on 28 February 2013
I rarely review and even less share, but... The piece at the end of the book asks for favourable comments for the smaller authors without huge publishing houses behind them.

I bought the book yesterday suffering from man-flu (now a huge divide amongst the male and female readership) and I finished it today. It's been a very long time since I've been itching to get to the end of such a gripping book. I can vividly remember the Doomwatch and The Survivor TV programmes of the 1970's and this book takes me instantly back to that genre. Without adding spoilers etc I'll leave out any reference to the story and leave that to others.

But if you have a few bob to spare (inexpensive I would say) press the buy now button and settle down into a world that we could realise if our fears came true.
on 28 January 2012
Towards Yesterday is a PA book with a twist - time travel.

Imagine your life now, your relationships, your job, your life. Now, imagine you are suddenly thrown back 25 years, retaining all your knowledge and memories, but you're 25 years younger. People that have died in the last 25 years are alive again, people born in the last 25 years no longer exist.

James Bastion is writing his memoirs on New Year's Eve, when he is suddenly thrust 25 years into the past. The world is understandably thrown into chaos....and this is where the science comes into the story. Now, I'll be honest, the science behind these books isn't always my thing, and in Towards Yesterday, I confess I skimmed....but it doesn't detract from the story, and the great characters (the 6 year old scientist is one of my favourites!)

There is a religious element to this book, but it is important to the story, and isn't too `in your face'. There's also a rather spooky serial killer, a revived priest and a good female protagonist.

It is a shame that the book isn't a little longer, and didn't delve more into the way that travelling back in time affected the world, and individual people in it, but this story is more centered on a central group.

Overall I highly recommend this book, it does have the science behind the fiction, and is unique in the Post Apocalyptic genre
on 25 September 2012
I really enjoyed this book and it posed lots of questions about the ability to relive ones life by going back in time.
It had some similarity to flash forward in its concept but still remained unique. Would like to see a follow up.
on 30 March 2017
Enjoyed the twists of the tale , Made interesting reading.
Frightening idea though that something like that could happen!!
Good
on 12 March 2016
Imagine suddenly waking up 25 years earlier? it really made me think. I think that concept could have been explored a great deal more. But in truth I did struggle to put this down.