Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

on 18 June 2011
This double album is absolutely superb, buy it without any hesitation. I was in heaven for the 150+ minutes duration. The Aida, Don Carlo & Il Pirata arias are particularly magnificent. Oh, yes & buy it for your friends as well!
on 1 January 2013
For me Montserrat Caballe has to be one of the great sopranos of the twentieth century. Such tone to the voice, such technique.
This is indeed the very best of this great lady's output. If you have never heard the richness of this sublime voice you are in for a revelation.
Buy it now and give it pride of place in your collection.
on 24 March 2013
I believe Montserrat Caballe to be one of the greatest sopranos, if not the greatest. What a voice! I could listen all day.
A superb double CD, that's for sure, but there is a 4 Cd version that as far as I can tell has identical tracks plus another 2 CD's worth of heavenly performances, please see Montserrat Caballé - ICON [Box set] ASIN: B001QEJQXQ it is currently only a little more money and is an absolute bargain.
When I have listened to it all I will write a review, I try to write a review on everything I buy, a way of repaying the fact I always read other peoples' reviews when making a choice of what to buy, please see my other reviews, CB
on 23 April 2015
All I can add is that the Charles Mackerras recordings on this album are absolutely superb and will definitely be worth the price for those alone. I have those recordings separately on another album and it is one of my favourites of all time.
on 16 November 2014
I really enjoyed listening to her beautiful voice.
on 20 May 2015