on 27 June 2017
a good read ..lots of twists and turns in the story
on 23 June 2017
Loved it
on 11 August 2017
Ok
on 27 April 2017
Ok
on 11 July 2013
My kind of book...well written with a good plot. Nothing too complicated , a good all round read and I would definitely read more by this author.
on 6 July 2013
Fat paced with a "twisty" plotline and suspensful ending. I'm now checking out Harrison's alter ego Tom Bale. Well done Amazon.
on 12 November 2013
A good story. Interesting also to read about the initial problems with publishing. If at first etc. It was certainly worth persevering.
on 6 August 2014
I honestly don't understand why David Harrison had such a hard time getting published under his own name for so long, yet managed it under his pseudonym Tom Bale. Whilst I have not yet read any of those, if they are better than this one then,WOW!

I think this book is amazing; right up there with Peter James at his best!

The plot is powerful and compelling and the characters colourful and intriguing. I have to admit that I was worried at the beginning that there were perhaps too many for me to remember, but David Harrison was the master at slotting them seamlessly into the story early on and I had no problem at all. There is never a dull moment. No need to skip pages in an effort to hurry it along as it has all the impetus required to keep you absorbed from beginning to end.

On a personal level I almost felt that I was part of the story because apart from Cromer, all of the locations used are places of significance in my life, past and present. Even Croydon!

I am confident in recommending this book and can't wait to read something else that he has written.
on 12 June 2013
Excellent first novel - very readable; the words just flow off the page. Lots of action and well paced. My only criticism would be that some of the characters are a shade one dimensional, but this doesn't unduly detract from the book.

Coming Home
It is always a joy to find a great author then be offered the chance to read their very first offering.

Sins of the Father is a very good character based and plot driven read.

The blurb says everything there is to know about the theme of the novel, but what it doesn't tell the reader is what a treat they are in for.

As with most debut novels, this one is short on description, and sometimes this made the tale rather slow to get into, but, with it's violence, action and 'mafia' gangster type criminals it was truly gripping and brilliantly engaging. Along with the torture and blackmail I was completely hooked.

I loved Sarah and Alex. They have a friendship and like most of us girls go to each other to tell of their problems, which is what Sarah does when she finds that her marriage to Nick is in serious trouble. I was quite set on getting to know these two women and see how they panned out. BUT.. well I won't say what happens, but O.M.G.

Twisty and full of suspense, this novel gives a taste of why David Harrison is so popular as T0m Bale. He really is good at what he does and in my opinion has just got better. I am and always will be an avid fan. ( Don't be scared T0m, I don't mean Misery style)

Really good.