on 18 January 2012
I bought this cable to use with a 4G iPod Shuffle.

The first cable I recieved (within 2 days) came well packaged and in a sealed distribution bag. And has all the hallmarks and markings of an original Apple cable, exactly as pictured.

Unfortunatly, it didn't work for me at all, no charging LED or data connection established. Tried 3 computers, all of which work with the original cable (R.I.P).

I e-mailed TechGear and the response was immediate, they would send me another cable, and I could dispose of the faulty one as I saw fit (which saved me postage to send the bugger back to them!).

The replacement cable arrived, again within 2 days, and absolutely works a treat. Both cables were really of superb build quality. incredibly happy with this product.

So all in all, feels maybe a little hit and miss(!!) but with TechGears incredible customer service 100% worth purchasing from them. Five stars for the cable I have now!
on 11 March 2013
Despite the web-site saying Brand New the lead is clearly not. It was just loose in a clear sandwich bag type bag, inside a black plastic bag. The USB plug has clearly been glued back together (none to skillfully) and it is not crisp and white like a new one would be. BUT, at the end of the day, it does appear to be a genuine Apple item and it works and it cost a few quid all in so I couldn't be bothered to return it or raise an issue. Just be warned if you are thinking of buying one that it may not be new.
on 15 June 2015
Works perfectly.

Having wasted money in the past on cheaper ipod shuffle chargers which didn't work at all, it's very nice to finally have one that does and at a decent price. It's not the cheapest out there but it works.
on 4 December 2012
My little brothers birthday is coming up and as he has lost his iPod charger, I thought I would buy him a new one. After browsing around, I saw from some reviews that the cheaper version of the chargers worked exactly as it should whereas some reviews completely slated the product. My product arrived today and it was immediately clear that this was a fake, something not made clear in the product description. When I plugged the iPod into my laptop, I realised that not only was the charger a fake, it also did not work. Normally when plugged in, the iPod shows a little light to say that it is charging. No such light came on. I have tried the iPod in my friends charger before and it worked so it is clearly not a fault with the iPod. I tried it in all 3 USB ports in my laptop and then also in my Apple USB Power Adapter. It still did not work. As such I am very disappointed and I am sending back the cable tomorrow.
on 15 July 2014
I am always dubious about buying 3rd party cables for iPods as even some of those from Amazon are duff. No need to worry about these. They work perfectly and are about a third of the price charged by Apple. Nuff said.
on 29 May 2013
I wrote the previous review a few weeks ago. I just tried syncing/charging my device, and the connector is no longer working. Don't buy.

The device looks and works exactly like the original, which I had misplaced. It came quickly and worked without any problem whatsoever. I purchased a different one that did not work, so this one is highly recommended.
on 20 October 2014
This lead works fine. But please note that it is the standard 45mm long and not a long lead. The photograph shows two leads lying side-by-side, not the two ends of a single lead with a loop out of the picture. I was confused by the picture (my fault) as I was looking for a longer lead. The sellers however accepted a return and refunded in full - good for them.
on 17 March 2014
Techgear provide a quality charging cable compatible to apple at a fraction of the cost that other suppliers charge. I have noted reviews from some other suppliers where they were faulty. But the one supplied by Techgear is just like the real thing.
on 15 December 2013
Does exactly what is says it does, it charges your iPod shuffle. Have bought slightly cheaper versions in the past but they have not always worked. Best to spend a few extra pence for a better quality item like this one.
on 2 March 2014
Advertised as working for all Shuttle clip models. It arrives on time, actually earlier, looks and feels good, but my shuttle G2 starts flashing crazy and then off. Obviously, not working.
I wrote to Amazon just to enquire if I am making a mistake somewhere and Techgear does not even care for a discussion or replacement and just refunds it in full, no questions asked.
This is clearly very professional, but showing total lack of belief on their products: they know, I don't know the stats, let's say that 1 out of 2 units doesn't work, so, to save them money, they just refund the customer immediately instead of sending another one and dragging the issue on. What a bizarre business model!
Does anyone know of a model that works? It MUST be a simple kind of cable/interface!