Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
**I used this software on a PC with specs of; Windows 7 64-bit Operating System, Intel i7 960 3.2 GHz Processor, NVIDIA GeForce 580 GTX Graphics & 12GB RAM.**

When it comes to protecting your computer, it's always a tough decision to choose the right software, with loads out there claiming to be the best, sometimes it can be a real headache.

Look no further, Kaspersky offers one of the best internet securities out their that doesn't cost a fortune, it has a really nice clean interface and keeps it a lot more simpler than many other security software's that are available out their.

I've had many different security software's and I have to say that this has ran really nicely compared to some others I have tried, to top it off I haven't had any security threats hit my computer yet *touch wood*.

I also want to state that I had recently upgraded my PC, I originally had a different security suite and was wondering why it took 45 seconds to load up Sony Vegas when on my friends it took 5, turns out it was the anti-virus I had been using! When I had Kaspersky installed it took 4 seconds to open the Sony Vegas, which proves Kaspersky doesn't slow down your computer at all.

Overall I've had this for over a month now and I haven't had any problems, with the current price tag of me writing this review, Kaspersky's Internet Security software has left me with a good impression on their company and I'm more than likely too renew my subscription once it ends, so overall I have to recommend this software.
on 16 August 2012
No problems with the installation. Very nice sidebar gadget for Windows 7 too. Ran the programme straight after it was installed & updated it from the net. It crashed. A stupid error screen kept coming up even without the programme running, which really annoyed me. It wouldn't be satiated, so I uninstalled & loaded it again. It crashed. Same stupid message kept on coming up. I re-loaded Windows 7 from a system image without any Internet protection programme & re-installed Kaspersky. I updated it. It crashed. I tried again. It crashed. I did another system image, installed Norton instead. It worked.

I put the Kaspersky into the bag it came in just 3 hours before & sent it back. The assistant at the post office asked me if the contents of the bag were valuable. My reply was unprintable. Avoid until they sort out their website.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Kaspersy internet security 2012 is the latest incarnation of this popular security suite. Only a few things have changed since the 2011 version the most notably the access to the Cloud system database. The Cloud system is a backbone of servers linking the internet together. Kaspersky can access the databases and pre-empt a virus attack before it even happens. This is a valuable feature and well worth upgrading for alone. The interface has also got significantly simpler which is no bad thing. Most of us just want to load security software and let it get on with it. All the regularly used features are on the top level such as scan etc with the more customisable items in the settings menu system. It is very easy to use and in my simple tests works very well. On my main machine, an i5 based computer with 6Gb of RAM running Windows 7 64bit, running Kaspersky showed no evidence of slow down. The software deals with its own housekeeping and no technical knowledge is needed to use it. Just load and let it get on with protecting your system. Gone are the days of answering loads of security messages and not having a clue what to do with them. Norton which I have on another machine is just as good but does slow processes down much more than Kaspersky. On my test viruses Kaspersky got them all and took the most appropriate action to deal with them so it works as well as any other software for this function. There are several bonus functions that are very useful, for example the system can remember passwords as a text string so you don't have to type them in each time. This is not just for the lazy but saves typing on the keyboard and defeats any key logging software that may have been inadvertently installed. It has an intelligent scanning system that does not hog resources and its scans are quite fast compared to what was offered a few years ago. To sum up, Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is a powerful package that gets the job done with little or no user intervention. I would be happy to recommend it to anyone.
on 30 October 2011
This software works fine & basically does the Job that it was designed for. It keeps your system up & running without any major hassles of playing around with the settings but its best selling point is that it does not use or demand a lot of computer resources like Norton's or McAfee can generally utilize for their anti-virus software services which is better for the end-user who wants to keep their resources available on their systems for other programs.
on 31 July 2012
After using Macafee for 2 years it became a bit recource heavy and slowed my pc down,purchased kaspersky 2012 because it boasts it is light on recources but found it was a lot worse than mcafee,there is something called avp.exe that constantly runs in the background and slows your pc to a snails pace reading various forums it seems a lot of people are having the same problem,i have gone back to using mcafee and i suggest you avoid kaspersky until they resolve this issue.
on 17 October 2012
None of the reviews on here for this product confirmed exactly what I wanted to know. So I'll say it here. If you are looking to renew your KIS 2012 then you should consider purchasing this. I already had KIS 2012 installed on 3 PCs and was unsure whether the renewal would work with this product (i.e. renewing with the same version and not upgrading to KIS 2013 which is the only choice Kaspersky offer). Essentially I bought this product simply for the license (activation) key so that I could type it into my existing installations and renew the protection for another year. It worked for me. Of course, this is no guarantee that it will work with your own particular configuration but this product is a fraction of the cost of the renewal price that Kaspersky offer for KIS 2013 (or from the high street for that matter). So well worth considering.

Put simply I was happy with KIS 2012. I did not want to upgrade to KIS 2013 - so I gambled on a straight reactivation. And I'm glad I did.

Although some reviews on here gave an indication to me that this was possible it was only after trying it myself that I saw it would work. Overall I'm very happy with my decision as I have effectively renewed my protection for £4.10 per machine.
on 9 July 2012
I make my annual update to Kaspersky Internet Security by buying a new copy (I just enter the new licence number in fact) - it's cheaper that way. This year it was supposed to be more straightforward to activate the new licence automatically when the previous licence expired. This didn't happen on my PCs but it prompted me and I had to do it manually.
Usually Kaspersky updates this product around this time of year (just after my licence runs out!) but, so far, I've not seen an Internet Security 2013 release.
In previous years, there has always been a free download to the next release anyway for the duration of your one year's licence.
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I am a fan of the Kaspersky series of anti-virus products, and this doesn't disappoint. Provides up to the minute protectection and doesn't slow your machine to a crawl. Very recommended :)
on 6 May 2012
I purchased the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 only a couple of weeks ago and overall I am feeling a bit dissappointed. Even though protection seems to be fine, the Google Chrome searcher tends to close with errors and web navigation is much slower than it was with my previous anti-virus, Norton, the only change in the computer having been the Kaspersky installation. If I had to buy a new anti-virus, I would try and choose another one, as speed in navigation is what I value the most.
on 26 December 2011
Having used Norton IS for 5 years I felt it was time for a change. So I did the usual research and lighted on Kaspersy IS 2012. Despite mixed reviews on the net and on Amazon - some very good and others (like this one) just one star - I ordered it as a bit of a punt. Everything seemed to be excellent - 200 page online manual - netbook downloads all in place etc (unlike Norton). It came quickly and looked good. Having uninstalled Norton IS I installed Kaspersky with no problem. I ran the first three scans, created a rescue disc etc and sat back pleased with my purchase. The downloaded netbook file was also installed on my netbook and similar scans and rescue disks created for it. I do like many aspects of the program very much and would love TO BE ABLE to use it as my Internet Security.

However after several hours I had the first of many total crashes (Blue Screen of Death BSOD). Many users have reported such problems after instaling KIS. I waited a few days in case it settled down but the crashes only increased. I have NEVER had a BSOD on my computer before installing KIS2012

I have now ordered Norton IS 2012 from Amazon and when it arrives will uninstall Kaspersky and go back to the staid safe world of Norton. It really is such a shame. Some KIS features are great and I found it very intuitive. But something is clearly wrong with the software. Too many people experience this terminal problem after installing it.

So I would not recommend Kaspersky IS 2012 to anyone (except perhaps to my worst enemy).

If they ever get round to achnowledging they have a serious problem - and come up with a permanent fix to solve it I would probably buy it again and end up giving it 5 stars. It its present flawed form I'm afraid it barely rates one star.

See one answered question