VINE VOICEon 24 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
All the usual features are here, including the useful onscreen keyboard to keep things a bit more secure when entering passwords (ie protection from keyloggers) and a safe run mode for your Internet Browser too for an extra level of security.

Being Internet Security (rather than Anti Virus only), you also get the Firewall, anti virus, anti spam etc. They also do a useful "Vulnerabilities Scan" which lets you know if any of your programs, ie Firefox, Java, Flash etc need upgrading.

As always, its not free, you can get some decent packages free i know, but Kasperksy has that trusted nature about it, it has always been a very solid internet security package. I've used KIS 2010, 2011 and now 2012 and love it, it keeps everything out without slowing the system down noticeably (maybe a little slow to start up, but if you use "sleep" rather than "shut down" you don't notice it - although bear in mind that you will need to "shut down" every week or so for your windows updates to be successful in installing!).

If you don't want to risk your laptop getting a virus and going kaput then Kasperksy is an excellent choice.

Things worth checking before buying:

1. is the KIS 2012 3PC version cheaper, if it is you may as well get that one.
2. is KIS 2011 cheaper? If so you can download KIS 2012 from the Kaspersky website for free and still get your one years license!
22 Comments| 49 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 21 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I have been using Kaspersky software for a number of years, and I only confirm my confidence in the protection it provides. It comes on a disc, installation is very simple and straight forward and it upgraded automatically the previous version I had on my PC. Enter the code and that's it. I left it running on presets, as I'm not really interested in inner workings of the PC, it works, and it works well, that's all I need to know.
Once it's installed, it runs on auto, I barely notice it's there and it is very light on my system. Sometimes I notice that it blocks spyware attacks from some (doggy) websites, which only reassures me of it's qualities and usefulness. If you're like me - not especially PC savvy and want something that works and doesn't ask confusing technical questions to which you never know how to answer, I couldn't recommend this software enough.
One feature that I find particularly useful is that you can use it as a start up disc. I had a major crash of the system a while ago, and the previous version of Kaspersky saved my computer from a complete wipe-out. As ever, full marks, this is my protection software of choice.
on 17 August 2017
Very good
on 18 May 2017
arrived as promised, worked well thanks
on 30 September 2012
I checked local shops PC world etc and they were much much more expensive. So this was great value and came in very good time. I would recommend to all .....
on 17 August 2017
fantastic, received all in good time and in good condition
on 12 June 2012
I have never had any problems with Kaspersky Internet Security software. My issue is with the seller of the product.

I ordered this expecting a disc to be sent. In the end I was e-mailed the activation code and told to download the software from the website.

Since then, my PC crashed and needed a full recovery. I downloaded the Kaspersky software again and found the activation code did not work. Kaspersky gave me a procedure for re-loading and to try again. Still no joy, so I contacted Kaspersky again.

I am now told that my code has had over 50 attempts at being registered and has now been frozen. I am also told that I "might have purchased a license from an unauthorised reseller of Kaspersky products"

Word of warning. Don't purchase from a seller that only gives out activation codes. A waste of money on this occasion.
VINE VOICEon 31 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )|Verified Purchase
Kaspersky have produced the ultimate internet security suite. It causes the least delay in boot-up time for your PC, it protects against viruses, hackers, spyware, adware and all the other malware, and it isn't expensive.
The 2012 product has a new user interface which means you can perform a wider number of scans more easily. Programming regular scans is especially simple with this new version, and you can feel very safe indeed. Look no further than Kaspersky for full internet protection. I am so pleased with this product and it has none of the down sides of Norton (which can be a little too aggressive at times).
VINE VOICEon 5 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Since I started buying virus software I'd always bought AVG, and untill about a year and a half ago I'd always been quite happy with it, Then!, the Viruses started, slowly over about a year my machine got slowly destroyed by all the nasty stuff out there on web ripping my machine apart untill I had to get a new hard drive and re-Install. An IT friend of mine recommended Kaspersky, She and all her department swore by it (all the blokes who used to write the viruses made it, Allegedly), I bought it, installed it easily, and that's about that, since I installed it I hav'nt had a virus or Malware or anything, It's a little boring really, It just works. When you install it it doesn't do automatic functions, you have to set it all up to do daily scans and when it's doing them it's very CPU heavy. But thats a small price to pay for such protection, It's scarey on the net now'a'days, get Kaspersky.
2929 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 September 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've installed this on our Acer one netbook which was fairly easy but a little long winded. Firstly note that you need to be online to install it (yes as soon as you put the disk in you need to be connected) which does strangely leave your system open to attacks? (or have Kaspersky already thought of this?) I was initially not connected and the installation came up with an error code. Once connected the software states that there is a more up-to-date version online and do you want to download and install this? I was confused as 2012 version is supposed to be the latest version of the software - how is it that there is a more up-to-date one online or do things change that rapidly for virus/internet protection? Following this, installation was fairly straight forward and after a reboot you enter the activation code and update the virus information which strangely took a while to do which is surprising as I've got a 50 Meg connection.

Having said all of that, once on the system it seems to work well in the background without interfering with your currently running programs and doesn't slow it down compared to Norton which does. I've used Kaspersky for some time now and outside of the issues installing the software I highly recommend this software.
33 Comments| 28 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse